Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

it's because they're mostly out of touch old men who never learned how the Internet works

2. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^^^ i personally much prefer 100% cotton. you are probably referring to the AA tees? which AA though? I only have experience with alternative apparel tees and the 100% cotton ones are far better in terms of stretch and shrinkage. i own some of the 50/50 type combinations and ended giving to my g/f for lounge/sleep wear. 50/50 sucks unless you're all about comfort but even then, AA in general (i imagine for both brands) make some pretty soft tees compared to your fruit of the loom, etc. 100% cotton you can wash and dry in the machine many times over and will still maintain its form, cant say the same for 50/50

3. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

can you elaborate? which one has better texture or durability.

aa triblends (rayon poly cotton, i think) drape a little more nicely than their regular cotton tees. it's just different. I will say the triblends are more sturdy than aa's regular tees, but that isn't say much.

4. Fluery

Fluery Senior member

can you elaborate? which one has better texture or durability.

I prefer the texture of 50/50 t shirts usually, it's a softer, lighter feel.

5. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

aa triblends (rayon poly cotton, i think) drape a little more nicely than their regular cotton tees. it's just different. I will say the triblends are more sturdy than aa's regular tees, but that isn't say much.

I'll go with AA tri-blends over just about anything. Pretty sure the fourth and unnamed blend in those things is actually opium.

6. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

^^ feel the same, wish they would do more colors with the fabric, orange rust and the like.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

for just basic crews I'm probably going to go with the 100% cotton ones but I like the raglan 3/4 sleeve Ts that only come in 50/50. I'll probably try one and see what it's like. for $10 it's not a huge loss if it sucks.

8. SwiftLearner

SwiftLearner Well-Known Member

I've decided to ditch my old aesthetic and cling to a new one. Black, white, and a little grey, mostly inspired by Margiela and stuff that makes me look nouveau riche. Of all the aesthetics I've tried so far this one makes the most sense since in real life I tend to be a quick witted but unimaginative jerk.

[​IMG] pretty cool. now i'm going to have to think if my sartorial sensibilities match my personality.

9. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

[​IMG] pretty cool. now i'm going to have to think if my sartorial sensibilities match my personality.

Protip: don't do this.

10. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

cheap options (under $50?) for harem pants

wanna wear something loose and cropped for bouldering

would try these but nothing to fit 32 waist

Go on ebay and buy some thai fisherman pants for 9$. No foolies.

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

anyone familiar with dbss jean sizing? really want those blacks in a size 2 if they fit like dior 19cm. most jeans are either too big or too small in the thigh for me. diors are perfect and i need a pair of black jeans because silent jeans look like pants -_-;

12. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

Anyone have any suggestions for places to look at for inspiration? I have a lot of boring basic stuff in my closet and am bored of it. I wanna do a more sharp tailored look or something. I don't know. Halp!

13. snake

snake Senior member

anyone familiar with dbss jean sizing? really want those blacks in a size 2 if they fit like dior 19cm. most jeans are either too big or too small in the thigh for me. diors are perfect and i need a pair of black jeans because silent jeans look like pants -_-;

Size up, I'm a size 1 in dbss but sized up to a size 2 on the denim. Fits much skinnier than 19cm.

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

what's "much skinnier" than 19cm ... sounds painful
    Anyone have any suggestions for places to look at for inspiration? I have a lot of boring basic stuff in my closet and am bored of it. I wanna do a more sharp tailored look or something. I don't know. Halp!
    look through waywt pics, spend some time on this and other fora, check blogs which just recycle each others contents across the internet, obvious one is thesartorialist but i don't think there's much worthwhile though i haven't looked in some time, also there's a collection of runway shots from the past decade or so sorted by designer and season if you're interested in it 500mb file

15. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Size up, I'm a size 1 in dbss but sized up to a size 2 on the denim. Fits much skinnier than 19cm.

no longer interested ._.; i need a sub 7 hem because i have small feet but enough some room in the thigh because i play sports zzzzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.