• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Handmade Leather Artisan

hollowsleather

Reaction score
Really nice designs and workmanship, I love the buckles, they look like huge watchband buckles.

Where are you located, TD? Do you work somewhere that gets you access to machines for making the buckles?

Obbi

Reaction score
Its been a long while since updating some of my work here.

I have been making leathercrafts by 4 main styles, as I have learn that different people has got different lifestyle and taste in terms of fashion.
This way, every time I start making something it does benefit as I have a theme in mind for each item made.

GENTLEMEN STYLE
As the name suggests, leathercrafts used by "˜gentlemen', or rather, for men who are required to dress formally daily and for more dressy occasions. Smooth and slick leathercrafts with nothing elaborating, just classic designs.

P3122887-Copy.jpg

P3122874-Copy.jpg

NATIVE TRAVELLER STYLE
Most commonly known style in the world of denimheads. American vintage coin conchos, free-flowing tassles, hornpipe and colours beads are some trademark of this iconic style.

IMG_7885.jpg

IMG_7879.jpg

WORKWEAR STYLE
Usually, simple and clean look, functionality is the key in this category. Because of their ease to use, it is almost guaranteed that they will be "˜used' for a long time and hence, promising awesome aging looks.

IMG_7914.jpg

P3122971-Copy.jpg

CONTEMPORARY STYLE
A mixture of everything, belongs to nowhere, out-of-the-box design are what you can find here. It is probably one of most difficult in terms of designing, as the leathercrafts are often not made with conventional crafting techniques.

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

Obbi

Reaction score
BOW%2BBag%2B06.JPG

BOW%2BBag%2B08.JPG

BOW%2BBag%2B09.JPG

A sling bag, using soft black cowhide leathers, with nylon straps and a big iconic concho for styling. Zipper closure, able to store most of everyone's EDC.
A great storage material for bicyclist. Easily accessible and tough to withstand weather and time.

mikecch

Reaction score
So I'm planning a coin-pouch group buy project (as seen on the SuFu belt thread.)
Similar concept as the previous two belts projects.
Please PM or e-mail me if you need (or would like) a coin pouch.
The craftsman is yet undetermined, but I would like to have at least 15 to 20 people interested before I really start pestering workshops :p
The region this time would be Asia (as in the coin pouch will be made there.)

mikeeeey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikecch
So I'm planning a coin-pouch group buy project (as seen on the SuFu belt thread.) Similar concept as the previous two belts projects. Please PM or e-mail me if you need (or would like) a coin pouch. The craftsman is yet undetermined, but I would like to have at least 15 to 20 people interested before I really start pestering workshops :p The region this time would be Asia (as in the coin pouch will be made there.)
Care to PM me the link to that group buy? Thanks!

Bash!

Reaction score
Love seeing everyone's work here. Truly inspirational. I hope I can be great artisans like you guys one day. Here are a couple of things I've made:

5515475087_f0eed6d83e.jpg

5516065842_8dc9d69646.jpg

Double D-Ring belt I made from the D-rings of an old favorite belt of mine that was falling apart.

5499772802_916c9fa29a.jpg

Remake of the first leather bracelet I ever made.

5476479619_a7611f61af.jpg

Set

Those are all the photos I have right now. I am going to attempt my first wallet very shortly. Wish me luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads