Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Handmade Leather Artisan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Obbi, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Deusis

Deusis Senior member

I have shell key fobs like this:

[​IMG]

Otherwise I know @WHEarl has some similar key fobs too.

Hollows Leather sells some on his website for $13 - $25 in standard or shell as well.

Is this what you were thinking?

2. skenney

skenney Senior member

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of metal findings and the like? I'm trying to find a bag strap slider (or triglide, or whatever you want to call them) with a circular or ovoid shape and a center bar measuring a little over 1" in length (1.25" might be ideal). Basically this:

[​IMG]

But in a silver / nickel / pewter / whatever you want to call not-brass color with more of an antiqued / weathered / matte finish, so it would go along with the hardware on this:

[​IMG]

FWIW, I don't particularly care about wire vs. cast, although I might prefer closed to open if wire.

Last edited: May 18, 2016

4. Friday

Friday Well-Known Member

Had a request for a bandana woggle so I knocked these out. The one here is russet, but I did versions in blue, black, red and natural. It's definitely a particular look, but they were fun to make since I used to make these out of different materials as a scout many years ago.

[​IMG]

5. NGOStudio

NGOStudio Senior member

Hey guys, I and my team made this. We're very proud of the result but realize we also need improvement, I have a few questions and would love some advices, any would do really.

How can we effectively bond 2 skins together? I knew Prada and Belstaff, Burberry did some with their unlined/bonded leather jackets very well. We mainly use glue, bread roller for this attempt.

And have anyone lined tge interior with linen? I have not seen and thinking about experimenting on linen fabric as lining for jacket.

IMG_3691.JPG

IMG_3690.JPG