Handmade Leather Artisan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Obbi, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Deusis

Deusis Senior member

I have shell key fobs like this:

[​IMG]

Otherwise I know @WHEarl has some similar key fobs too.

Hollows Leather sells some on his website for $13 - $25 in standard or shell as well.

Is this what you were thinking?

2. skenney

skenney Senior member

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Does anyone have a recommendation for a supplier of metal findings and the like? I'm trying to find a bag strap slider (or triglide, or whatever you want to call them) with a circular or ovoid shape and a center bar measuring a little over 1" in length (1.25" might be ideal). Basically this:

[​IMG]

But in a silver / nickel / pewter / whatever you want to call not-brass color with more of an antiqued / weathered / matte finish, so it would go along with the hardware on this:

[​IMG]

FWIW, I don't particularly care about wire vs. cast, although I might prefer closed to open if wire.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  4. Friday

Friday Well-Known Member

Had a request for a bandana woggle so I knocked these out. The one here is russet, but I did versions in blue, black, red and natural. It's definitely a particular look, but they were fun to make since I used to make these out of different materials as a scout many years ago.

[​IMG]

5. NGOStudio

NGOStudio Senior member

Hey guys, I and my team made this. We're very proud of the result but realize we also need improvement, I have a few questions and would love some advices, any would do really.

How can we effectively bond 2 skins together? I knew Prada and Belstaff, Burberry did some with their unlined/bonded leather jackets very well. We mainly use glue, bread roller for this attempt.

And have anyone lined tge interior with linen? I have not seen and thinking about experimenting on linen fabric as lining for jacket.

IMG_3691.JPG

IMG_3690.JPG