• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If youre looking for casual pants, I highly recommend Grown and Sewn. Kind of pricey, and probably not for the office unless you have a very casual office where you wear jeans regularly, but a great fit and really good looking for khakis.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslade
Man, just because 511s are the only pants your little piggy bank can afford doesn't mean you need to impose your financial insufficiencies on the stylistic choices of others. Really getting sick of your posts...

haters gonna hate.

I was referring to the guys talking about dockers, jcrew, and other plebe level brands which aren't going to be as slim fitting or as nice of a cut as the levis. if you want to kop some baller chinos, I'm sure there are great options. But levis are a great alternative to these other budget options.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a chino guy, wear them often and have tried plenty given that I have been in a business casual environment for over 12+ years. I understand wanting to purchase on a budget and I'm all about that as much as I am into the higher end stuff, but after trying so many different brands and variations, I just can't get behind too many of the brands mentioned in this thread.

When I can get Mabitex or Incotex at Daffy's on the cheap for $30-$50ish or from the B&S for $75 max, I just don't see why I would spend that money on cheap materials with lousy fits. If you are able and willing to step up to a slightly higher price bracket, I would highly recommend forum affiliate Epaulet slim chinos, they're locally manufactured, materials are boss, and they have a great slim fit. If the price is too high, consider Mabitex and Incotex and browse the MC B&S.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fwiw jslade, I certainly wouldn't mind having some nice chinos. as tonio mentioned, the epaulets seem really nice. I've had my eye on the camo ones.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Baron Wells is having a sale on there slim fit chinos. I've never seen them in person, but they look nice online: http://commercewithaconscience.info/...im-chino-sale/
Baron_Wells_Slim_Chino_Sale_1.jpg

Hot Dog Day #49

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
haters gonna hate.

I was referring to the guys talking about dockers, jcrew, and other plebe level brands which aren't going to be as slim fitting or as nice of a cut as the levis. if you want to kop some baller chinos, I'm sure there are great options. But levis are a great alternative to these other budget options.

Yeah but those aren't even chinos, they're 5 pocket jeans, they're just khaki color. Not really appropriate for any occasion where actual chinos are required.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the BdG slim fit chinos in green and navy, we'll see how they fit

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads