Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

lol u mad? i was asking because i want to know, i'd buy them if they were slit pockets on the back.

edit: didn't realize the picture was a link, they are slit pockets. mike you are a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh man dawg you showed me. time to go cry myself to sleep.

2. grit

grit Senior member

Baron Wells is having a sale on there slim fit chinos. I've never seen them in person, but they look nice online: http://commercewithaconscience.info/...im-chino-sale/

Anyone have these and wouldn't mind posting a waist measurement vs. tagged size? No size 31s [​IMG]

3. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Anyone have these and wouldn't mind posting a waist measurement vs. tagged size? No size 31s [​IMG]

They have measurements listed on their site:

[​IMG]

Really like the orange ones....

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

32's sold out fml

5. Basic

Basic Active Member

Nabbed a couple this morning. I'll report back on them.

6. keredog

keredog Senior member

^please do, the measurements on these seem pretty damn extreme. The 29/30's are similar to my 27 Petit Standards pre-stretch, unless I'm doing something wrong.

7. TurfedGomer

TurfedGomer Member

Anyone have any good suggestions for chino's / slim fitting khaki in various colors... like red or yellow?

8. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

IME, JCrew makes reasonably priced slim-fit khakis. RL's slim-fit still fits like a trash bag, which is relatively slimmer than their regular fit, which fits like a tent.

I have the J Crew slim fit khakis and they are average. They are reasonably priced but not slim fitting enough. They are too loose in the crouch and do not fit as well as their 484 cords.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

So much argument over equally poor quality pants is [​IMG] This thread has no salvation.
    Agreed, this sort of an odd thread. We have threads on this forum talking about $300 this, $500 that, and then this one that goes on and on debating dockers and $30 chinos? I'm a bit biased, but I certainly think the W+H Chinos are one of the best cut of chinos I've ever worn.
    [​IMG]

10. jslade

jslade Senior member

Nabbed a couple this morning. I'll report back on them.
    Yeah, I picked up two pairs as well. Really hope they're not as tight as the measurements would suggest. They definitely didn't look it in the fit pic posted on their webshop.

11. christos

christos Senior member

if anyone is interested i have Samurai S-0511XS chinos size 29x34 brand new. PM for details [​IMG]

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I think the difference between chinos and jeans is that most people on this forum are wearing them to work and need multiple pairs right away, and so, can spend less on each individual pairs.

13. Basic

Basic Active Member

Yeah, I picked up two pairs as well. Really hope they're not as tight as the measurements would suggest. They definitely didn't look it in the fit pic posted on their webshop.

I concur. I'm pretty athletic and there is a fine line I walk on slim fit and moose knuckle.

14. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

I bought a couple of pairs of dockers and I'm happy with them, especially at $20 apiece. They fit very well, a bit too slim at first, then stretch slightly for a tad more room. They still offer a nice cut, are very comfortable, super affordable, and they pair well with just about any of my button downs, in either color of dockers.

I also have the waders (got them at a similar price) and I wear those when I want something a bit more fitted.

If you must spend $200 a pair on something else, be my guest.

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

W+H chinos are nice but the taper is pretty heavy for office pants and the inseam is short. i like the roomier top block (good for tucking).