Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by imightbechad, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

2. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

3. cheesecake

cheesecake Active Member

What is the rise on a 30w for the BB Milano fit chinos?

4. bombers

bombers Senior member

5. juliank

juliank Senior member

Pick em up quick, because I just went back and stocked up since I liked mine so much [​IMG]

But yeah, D1 Dockers are only in slim in seat and thigh, after that it's straight leg and frankly I do not find them very flattering. Starts to get into suburban dad territory.

I am very happy with my waders, and whoever is saying are TTS are crazy, I wear 30 in levis 501 and i have to wear mine in 32. I guess whoever said they fit like 511 or 514 is kinda accurate.

Also, I cannot emphasize how great these are for shorter dudes > 5'8. I don't know how anyone taller than that can really rock these, unless they want to wear them as ridiculous high waters.

6. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Vanishing Elephant Franklin (jeans-style, linen, less flex) and Peter (cotton) chinos are amazing. I own the Peters in Khaki and Navy, and the Franklin in Navy. Great slim/straight fit & well made too. I see someone is selling a Navy 31 Peter over here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=227732 Definitely something to consider.

7. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

They have FSR of every color waders at downtown SF Macy's for 29.99 on sale. They are def not true to size. The waist is about a inch too small.

8. meso

meso Senior member

I am very happy with my waders, and whoever is saying are TTS are crazy, I wear 30 in levis 501 and i have to wear mine in 32.

Waders are about true to size in the waist but cut very slim. So a 30 will measure about 30". Jeans are usually marked 2" or so smaller than they are... I would not say 501s run TTS, at least not if you want them to fit well.

9. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

I'll chime in for a vote for Bennetton chinos. Slim fitting and very comfy. Highly recommend them.

10. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Dockers.com has 40% off until 4 pm.

11. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Anyone have any experience with UO's BDG skinny stretch chinos?

The pics don't look super great, but they claim to have a 7.25" opening which caught my eye

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...ketingPriority

[​IMG] [​IMG]

They'd prob def have to be cuffed, they don't sit right at all. Maybe they could be hemmed. In any case they seem to fall weird. Any other chinos w/similarly slim leg openings

12. korovamilkbar

korovamilkbar Well-Known Member

Thanks, picked up SF Tapered Khakis in Refuge Green and Scotch Blue to get me through the spring/summer. Have a pair of waders and they fit great, hopefully the 18" leg opening with these is a misprint, as my waders are 15" and these look similar in the pics.

13. otc

otc Senior member

Thanks, picked up 3 pairs for 63 and change.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I will probably have to get the waist taken in as from what I tried on in a store, it seemed that 36x34 was the only way the D1s were going to accommodate my thighs.

14. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

They have FSR of every color waders at downtown SF Macy's for 29.99 on sale. They are def not true to size. The waist is about a inch too small.

Was just at Macy's downtown SF today...waders were marked down to $19.99 and there's a sale starting tomorrow for an additional 20% off. $16 for waders is pretty good deal.

15. jabreal00

jabreal00 Senior member