• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast

First wearing on these new trousers:

The fit looks good. The narrower leg opening works well.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Green weekend take 2 - with advice from yesterday somewhat applied..
5c5e9b56.jpg

22f8bb84.jpg

I'd want to see the SC against the cords, but I don't think there's a problem wearing green cords with a tweed SC that has some green in it - it's a pretty common on this side of the pond, but maybe we're easier with lots of green. I don't think the shirt needs to be a BD - fabric wise I can't really tell from the pic how much texture it's got - I'd say oxfords generally have enough, broadcloth generally doesn't. Colour of the shirt is fine.

Originally Posted by AlanC
Sorry about the lighting issues.

BB suit
Truzzi shirt
Nicky tie
Hober square
EG shoes

C9OAy.jpg

gnyXT.jpg
[/SPOILER]

I'm completely confused by the colours, but the textures look nice.

Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Been a while so if you could indulge me for a moment, gents:
Picture873.jpg

Picture883.jpg

Picture887.jpg

Picture889.jpg

Picture888.jpg

Picture895.jpg

Picture897.jpg

Picture905.jpg

Picture891.jpg

Picture807.jpg

Picture842.jpg

Picture824.jpg

Picture822.jpg

Picture916.jpg

Picture922.jpg
Eclectic? You bet. That is just how I roll.
Over and out.

Good to see you posting again - there's a lot of interesting fits in that lot. I prefer the less sportswear looks but I always enjoy your creativity.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proving that I do pay attention to comments made in this thread, the suit I wore on March 4th, which was roundly condemned for a bad fit, and the same suit after alterations: Before:
IMGP0162486x1280.jpg
After: (color is more accurate in these photos as well)
IMGP0221498x1280.jpg
IMGP0218958x1280.jpg
IMGP0219851x1280.jpg

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definite improvement with the waisting.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Requiem
The PS looked fine at home, under artificial light, but it's clearly a mistake.

007-1.jpg

Swap the tie for a nice solid navy and the PS would be fine
smile.gif

Requiem

Reaction score
^ Thats true - but the suit looks like is great from what I can see. Wish there was a full length.

The suit is a portuguese made OTR "Do Homem", my go-to brand.
You can check their website here --» http://www.dinizecruz.pt/dinizcruz/eng/index.htm
I'm not buying this season...
confused.gif
all fugly

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Swap the tie for a nice solid navy and the PS would be fine
smile.gif

Most true. I was feeling adventurous and it went wrong.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
Is there a specific name or term to describe the part of the sole that is a different color? I really like the look, I'm wondering if there is a name for it.
ie: like this for example http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Tricker's call it a "commando sole," though that refers to that ridged sole style in particular. I don't know if there's a technical term for a contrasting sole, however

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
Proving that I do pay attention to comments made in this thread, the suit I wore on March 4th, which was roundly condemned for a bad fit, and the same suit after alterations:
Looking much better! Not sure about that pocket square with the shirt and tie but the suit and shoes look great.
happy.gif
also Requiem, I'm seconding MoK's suggestion for a navy tie. A nice grenadine navy tie would look killer with that suit. edit: Actually, this cashmere tie in Royal Blue with that fit would look really really nice, at least when I'm picturing it in my mind.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trifon
^ The suit looks sooo much better now! In fact it's very nice.

+1 Well done Crusty. Great waist suppression.

Originally Posted by ManofKent
Definite improvement with the waisting.

Originally Posted by Navi
Looking much better! Not sure about that pocket square with the shirt and tie but the suit and shoes look great.
happy.gif

Ironically enough, when I first tried on the suit initially, it fit like a potato sack, and it was only with the first set of alterations that I agreed to buy it (it was a sale item at Brooks Bros.). It would seem that I had changed shape (for the better) in the interim prior to wearing it this season. In any event, it looks better - glad that others agree.

As for the choice of pocket square, niidawg had been criticizing my choices previously as too "matchy-matchy" - hence, something today that doesn't match. Whether it doesn't match in the "right" way remains to be seen, but I like the PS in and of itself, so, there it sits.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand
inlove.gif
details?

A pair of 'Impregnable' by a company called John White...?(I think they are an in-house name for a department store maybe)
I have only ever found them at TK Max!
That said one of my well-healed though slightly inebriated customers, seemed to know all about them as a mid-range shoe company.
I have the same model in brown pebble grain, a pair of burgundy semi-brogues and a nice pair of chukka boots...all reduced to next to nothing...I think original retail is around £160-£200?
Both the Long-Wings have commando soles (the ridged rubber tread) , the chukkas have the same chunky double sole & the brogues are fairly sleek by comparison, though in need of a resole.
Hope that helps.
-TTO

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Picture887.jpg

I like this casual look a lot. The blue is wonderfully bright and lively. Monday:
XrrpF.jpg
Apologies for the awful earpiece; only just remembered to take a full-length pic as I was leaving to get into the car, so forgot I'd put in on already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads