• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Wore yesterday/last night while going out. Every time I go out with this jacket everyone pretty much goes crazy for it.
tumblr_lhzdb5atX41qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lhzdjo7ybQ1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
less of an angry-looking scowl:
tumblr_lhzdm0Rcrz1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Not that my opinion counts here, but I feel like that red jacket would go better with some lighter jeans/boots... though that might be too "extra in the Beat It video" for your tastes
Originally Posted by Lane
tbh, the only type of person I'd consider "qualified" to comment on Uncontrols fit would be someone else that is into that aesthetic. The reason would be because they'd actually understand most of the reasons for his outfit. I mean imagine a guy wearing head to toe W + H commenting on someone wearing head to toe julius, and vice versa. I just think its harder to get a fair opinion from someone unless they somewhat understand or like the aesthetic. Advice from polar opposite aesthetics might help to a degree, but there's certainly going to be a lot of bias unless you're really impartial somehow.
If that's the case then Unc can't even participate in this thread (which I disagree with). I do think his fits would look a lot better w/o all the goofy embellishments and all, it looks like he shops at 5-7-9/Strawberry etc... but it all fits and is all expensive so I guess SF gives them a pass
Originally Posted by raags
9p7a4.jpg
AA AA Uniqlo lazy as **** fit for work and it was hot today. the shirt hasnt been ironed properly and i had nothing else to wear. i don't like how i look in shorts. maybe flat coloured beige shorts or something would do me better? i don't know. hmm.

I wish you wouldn't do this weird face thing, makes it hard to judge. Plus head size factors into a fit -------------------- Prob said too much... I'm still not fit ready.... sorry guys.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Do you mean where I took the photo? It's a boutique where my girlfriend works :x
Yea I just thought that was funny given Woodyear's recent dissertations

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Yes, it is reasonable to say "so basically" and then create a straw man and reject it, I forgot this thread was in CE. Never the **** mind. Jesus. Next fit please.

Calm down man :\\

I honestly just don't understand what you're trying to say, sorry. When someone says, "the boots look too flat," this is feedback that I can take and do something with if I so choose to. Same with saying that the light jeans don't work here; I don't necessarily agree in this case, but at least it's viable feedback that can cause me to step back and reassess the outfit. It's useful feedback. If someone says that everything is gaudy and awful and my aesthetic is no good, well, really, I can't do a whole lot with that. It's fine for people to think that, but it's not really feedback.

So to say that I don't post for feedback isn't really fair. I've already gotten some comments that allow me to step back and look at my outfit again and see if I agree with the advice or not.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hurhur: I like the +J jacket the way it is. Looks great. Don't know what these bitches want from it.

hurhur

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
hows you size that parka? hows the fabric/construction.
i like the fit on you, although probably not zipped up lol

I'm about 1.72m. and got it in M. the material is thick cotton, though definitely not waterproof, but good enough for the rain in my opinion. construction's pretty neat for the price, 2 way YKK zips and solid metal snap buttons. stitching is also quite well done, no loose ends. And most importantly, the hood is big enough to totally cover my head from the rain. hahaha

Originally Posted by Desi
hurhur: I like the +J jacket the way it is. Looks great. Don't know what these bitches want from it.

Thanks!

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hurhur
I'm about 1.72m. and got it in M. the material is thick cotton, though definitely not waterproof, but good enough for the rain in my opinion. construction's pretty neat for the price, 2 way YKK zips and solid metal snap buttons. stitching is also quite well done, no loose ends. And most importantly, the hood is big enough to totally cover my head from the rain. hahaha

Thanks!

thanks, probably going to try to pick up a black one

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_5061.jpg

Didn't really get dressed today, but the weather was nice so I thought I'd take a photo

Shirt: Uniqlo
Hoodie: Uniqlo
Vest: Topman
Jeans: APC
Shoes: Aquascutum

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i hate your ****, raaags, hate it

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Wore yesterday/last night while going out. Every time I go out with this jacket everyone pretty much goes crazy for it.

tumblr_lhzdb5atX41qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lhzdjo7ybQ1qcq3abo1_400.jpg

less of an angry-looking scowl:
tumblr_lhzdm0Rcrz1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by Najee D.
Yesterday. Meh...

DSC_0106.jpg

Levis x Filson
Baseball Jacket
The Brooklyn Circus
LVC
Grenson

Sort of chuckled at this:

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

nice jackets fellas.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because even in a pretty well defined style like suede bucs there are nuances of last shape etc that may make them interesting? Plus mf always has good stuff.

Where's tonio lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads