The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Erm because by the standards and tastes of just about everyone here your stuff is gaudy and tacky, it's just a question of the degree to which that is the case.

The jeans wash itself is pretty bad but really the contrast between a really washed out distressed light grey and totally flat black boots it's jarring. White and black you can colour block, but it's a totally different effect with those washed things.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Erm because by the standards and tastes of just about everyone here your stuff is gaudy and tacky, it's just a question of the degree to which that is the case.

OK, but that doesn't mean I don't find elements of advice/knowledge here to adapt for myself.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

round and round we go [​IMG]

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

I dunno I really don't see how the lighter bottoms don't work? Maybe it's too gaudy to pair almost-white jeans with all black? I feel like the black boots balance out the black in the top half. I think it would've been too flat with black jeans. Oh well. I'm really happy with this one :3

AR_Six you say I don't post for feedback every time and it's such BS. Maybe you don't see it but I've taken a lot of feedback at this board to heart. Just because I'm not dressed like other members here doesn't mean I'm ignorant to the advice and knowledge displayed here.

oh no, its just my preference for them

5. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

OK, but that doesn't mean I don't find elements of advice/knowledge here to adapt for myself.
    Fair enough, but what you seem to do is to take peoples' comments, filter them so as to align with your own, significantly different perspective and act on that. Which isn't so much taking advice as it is interpreting peoples' comments in such a way as to support what you already thought to be right. I mean if you operate from a completely polar-opposite starting point (tacky is good vs. tacky is bad) and don't diverge from it, I don't see how you can logically be said to be taking advice. Anyway, this is already starting to look like another 5 page Uncontrolfest, so I'll just leave it at that, you can PM me if you care about this.

6. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

because make-up/face and hair is as important to my look as anything else

yes it is real fur. and i disagree on the boots (obviously)

dude really lol

7. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

8. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

Had second thoughts as I walked off and decided I don't want to bandwagon troll your fit unc. Obv you put some work into it.

Everything fits really good. I envy your hair, which is the dealbreaker for your fits most of the time. Make-up and all that stuff is totally your choice... I reckon it's needless, but whatever floats your boat.

Only thing I can really criticize is your bag. It's really tacky, and the coins strewn along the side make it look like some sort of douchey versace purse. I'd get something with a little less embellishment.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Fair enough, but what you seem to do is to take peoples' comments, filter them so as to align with your own, significantly different perspective and act on that. Which isn't so much taking advice as it is interpreting peoples' comments in such a way as to support what you already thought to be right. I mean if you operate from a completely polar-opposite starting point (tacky is good vs. tacky is bad) and don't diverge from it, I don't see how you can logically be said to be taking advice. Anyway, this is already starting to look like another 5 page Uncontrolfest, so I'll just leave it at that, you can PM me if you care about this.

so basically i shouldn't adapt advice and instead just take it wholesale and go in the complete opposite direction of my aesthetic? pass

dude really lol

you don't have the balls to wear makeup in public. someone might call you a faggot and your precious little heart couldn't handle that

nnnngaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

???

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Only thing I can really criticize is your bag. It's really tacky, and the coins strewn along the side make it look like some sort of douchey versace purse. I'd get something with a little less embellishment.

I could do without the coins on the side tbh, but they're there, and they don't bother me. I would probably buy a douchey Versace purse.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yes, it is reasonable to say "so basically" and then create a straw man and reject it, I forgot this thread was in CE. Never the fuck mind. Jesus. Next fit please.

12. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wore yesterday/last night while going out. Every time I go out with this jacket everyone pretty much goes crazy for it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

less of an angry-looking scowl:
    [​IMG]

13. transient

transient Senior member

holy jacket

uncontroll's jeans are fine, the whole outfit doesn't need to be a muted shadow. but the boots don't look quite right, looks matte, doesn't match the overall texture of the top. wear blacker boots, dark gray might look awesome too.

14. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

aeglus - what jeans are those? and what boots? looks really good btw

15. keredog

keredog Senior member

Jacket looks uncomfortably stiff/short when zipped up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.