Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Wore yesterday/last night while going out. Every time I go out with this jacket everyone pretty much goes crazy for it.
    [​IMG][​IMG] less of an angry-looking scowl:
    [​IMG]

Not that my opinion counts here, but I feel like that red jacket would go better with some lighter jeans/boots... though that might be too "extra in the Beat It video" for your tastes
    tbh, the only type of person I'd consider "qualified" to comment on Uncontrols fit would be someone else that is into that aesthetic. The reason would be because they'd actually understand most of the reasons for his outfit. I mean imagine a guy wearing head to toe W + H commenting on someone wearing head to toe julius, and vice versa. I just think its harder to get a fair opinion from someone unless they somewhat understand or like the aesthetic. Advice from polar opposite aesthetics might help to a degree, but there's certainly going to be a lot of bias unless you're really impartial somehow.
    If that's the case then Unc can't even participate in this thread (which I disagree with). I do think his fits would look a lot better w/o all the goofy embellishments and all, it looks like he shops at 5-7-9/Strawberry etc... but it all fits and is all expensive so I guess SF gives them a pass
    [​IMG] AA AA Uniqlo lazy as shit fit for work and it was hot today. the shirt hasnt been ironed properly and i had nothing else to wear. i don't like how i look in shorts. maybe flat coloured beige shorts or something would do me better? i don't know. hmm.
    I wish you wouldn't do this weird face thing, makes it hard to judge. Plus head size factors into a fit -------------------- Prob said too much... I'm still not fit ready.... sorry guys.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

[​IMG] @ Unc posting that fit in the women's clothing section

Dude's got a funny sense of humor if that was on purpose

Do you mean where I took the photo? It's a boutique where my girlfriend works :x

3. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what are the shoes mf?

4. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Do you mean where I took the photo? It's a boutique where my girlfriend works :x
    Yea I just thought that was funny given Woodyear's recent dissertations

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Yes, it is reasonable to say "so basically" and then create a straw man and reject it, I forgot this thread was in CE. Never the fuck mind. Jesus. Next fit please.

Calm down man :\\

I honestly just don't understand what you're trying to say, sorry. When someone says, "the boots look too flat," this is feedback that I can take and do something with if I so choose to. Same with saying that the light jeans don't work here; I don't necessarily agree in this case, but at least it's viable feedback that can cause me to step back and reassess the outfit. It's useful feedback. If someone says that everything is gaudy and awful and my aesthetic is no good, well, really, I can't do a whole lot with that. It's fine for people to think that, but it's not really feedback.

So to say that I don't post for feedback isn't really fair. I've already gotten some comments that allow me to step back and look at my outfit again and see if I agree with the advice or not.

6. Desi

Desi Senior member

hurhur: I like the +J jacket the way it is. Looks great. Don't know what these bitches want from it.

7. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

hows you size that parka? hows the fabric/construction.
    i like the fit on you, although probably not zipped up lol

I'm about 1.72m. and got it in M. the material is thick cotton, though definitely not waterproof, but good enough for the rain in my opinion. construction's pretty neat for the price, 2 way YKK zips and solid metal snap buttons. stitching is also quite well done, no loose ends. And most importantly, the hood is big enough to totally cover my head from the rain. hahaha

hurhur: I like the +J jacket the way it is. Looks great. Don't know what these bitches want from it.

Thanks!

8. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

I'm about 1.72m. and got it in M. the material is thick cotton, though definitely not waterproof, but good enough for the rain in my opinion. construction's pretty neat for the price, 2 way YKK zips and solid metal snap buttons. stitching is also quite well done, no loose ends. And most importantly, the hood is big enough to totally cover my head from the rain. hahaha

Thanks!

thanks, probably going to try to pick up a black one

9. fuji

fuji Senior member

[​IMG]

Didn't really get dressed today, but the weather was nice so I thought I'd take a photo

Shirt: Uniqlo
    Hoodie: Uniqlo
    Vest: Topman
    Jeans: APC
    Shoes: Aquascutum

10. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

i hate your shit, raaags, hate it

11. Najee D.

Najee D. Senior member

Yesterday. Meh...

[​IMG]
    Levis x Filson
    Baseball Jacket
    The Brooklyn Circus
    LVC
    Grenson

Sort of chuckled at this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. saelan

saelan Senior member

what are the shoes mf?

i am also curious about these bucks.

13. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

i am also curious about these bucks.

Why? They look just like any other bucks

14. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Wore yesterday/last night while going out. Every time I go out with this jacket everyone pretty much goes crazy for it.

[​IMG][​IMG]

less of an angry-looking scowl:
    [​IMG]

Yesterday. Meh...

[​IMG]
    Levis x Filson
    Baseball Jacket
    The Brooklyn Circus
    LVC
    Grenson

Sort of chuckled at this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nice jackets fellas.

15. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Because even in a pretty well defined style like suede bucs there are nuances of last shape etc that may make them interesting? Plus mf always has good stuff.

Where's tonio lately?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.