• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
Mag: part of it is because wearing all black defeats the purpose of wearing less. The other part is that i wear casual clothes a lot less now that i'm working in a stiflingly boring bizcaz environment that "tamer" casual clothes are fun enough as is. But yeah, i'm planning on heading to all saints/RO/Altelier at some point to try **** on and see if drapey **** is totally absurd looking on my frame (i'm 5'6", after all)
You will not look right in it, thighs too big and too short (no hate)

Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
The other idea was to look like a California surfer from the 90's a la wavves. Snapback/graphic tee turned into jersey/light wash lightweight denim/beat up sneakers.

Ahhh, yes, the douchebag look.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of want to just quit fashion for a little bit, save up money and do other things. I'd rather in the future be armed with my first choice of wardrobe items rather than trying half ass it with budget versions of stuff I really want, at the moment I'm just too inbetween.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canadian retailers have lost the plot. You'd think that with the the advent of google they'd realize that their price points aren't competitive with other retailers.

Common Projects Achilles low grey by retailer:

Nomad (Canadian): $476 - including tax + shipping (What's funny about their shipping policy is that the more you spend, the more expensive shipping is. WTF?)
Gravity Pope (Canadian): $420 - exclusive of shipping
Tres Bien (Sweden): $303 - including tax + free shipping

What the **** are they thinking?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by artishard116
i see these pop up on b+s every now and then, any place stock them online?

SSense, Browns I believe, Barneys sometimes and the NY store can do phone orders.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always thought cuffing to show the selvedge line was really lame, but now that I have selvedge jeans I can't help but cuff
shog[1].gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I always thought cuffing to show the selvedge line was really lame, but now that I have selvedge jeans I can't help but cuff
shog[1].gif

If you're at the show at 2640 space saturday we can do a two second internet selvage nod and then not talk at all cuz its weird to see people from the internet.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
If you're at the show at 2640 space saturday we can do a two second internet selvage nod and then not talk at all cuz its weird to see people from the internet.

haha, meeting people from the internet is so awkward at first.

I won't be there, I'm away at a bike race this weekend.

I don't know if this is your scene at all, but are you going to be at the Wiz Khalifa show in April?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Are the pants julius as well?

Yeah, they're the actual item I was trying on, shirt was for fun. The pants were the corkscrew pants with the zips at the hems.. Was considering them at 50% off, but though the fit was spot on and I kinda digged the zippers over boots, the distressing was just too much. I like plain pants

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate being OCD. I have been on the hunt for a pair of tapered trousers for summer wear and just cant find any. The ones I do find online that I like are either sold out or they don't have my size(28). At least I am saving money I guess.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All of my international packages inbound to the US have been getting delayed a lot lately due to extra screenings. ;_;

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I kind of want to just quit fashion for a little bit, save up money and do other things. I'd rather in the future be armed with my first choice of wardrobe items rather than trying half ass it with budget versions of stuff I really want, at the moment I'm just too inbetween.

I'm there, as well. I'm within striking distance of having everything but my car paid for, but I still don't have that bank account depth that can cushion the blow of something unexpected. The responsible thing would just be to further trim my already meager wardrobe to a couple of staples and become strictly an observer to this whole hobby while I save.

Originally Posted by Jokerman
I hate being OCD. I have been on the hunt for a pair of tapered trousers for summer wear and just cant find any. The ones I do find online that I like are either sold out or they don't have my size(28). At least I am saving money I guess.

It's been a similar story for me with slim sweatpants that have a hem that allows for "pushed up/stack" look. Such a garment doesn't seem to exist for a reasonable price.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Yeah, they're the actual item I was trying on, shirt was for fun. The pants were the corkscrew pants with the zips at the hems.. Was considering them at 50% off, but though the fit was spot on and I kinda digged the zippers over boots, the distressing was just too much. I like plain pants
Two unrelated questions.
1. How long is the inseam on those do you find?
2. How much were they, and did they have a size 3, because they are exactly what I need.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this can be rehijacked into What Will We Be Wearing In Spring/Summer,

I'm thinking more v and scoop necked tees, tortoiseshell shades, floral bandannas/scarves, and either cords/wallabees or black jeans/repettos. Ideally I'd like to be able to do both, but any recommendations on what I should do first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads