Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

Dressspace
    thx edit- any place stock xs/44?

2. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

Mag: part of it is because wearing all black defeats the purpose of wearing less. The other part is that i wear casual clothes a lot less now that i'm working in a stiflingly boring bizcaz environment that "tamer" casual clothes are fun enough as is. But yeah, i'm planning on heading to all saints/RO/Altelier at some point to try shit on and see if drapey shit is totally absurd looking on my frame (i'm 5'6", after all)
    You will not look right in it, thighs too big and too short (no hate)

The other idea was to look like a California surfer from the 90's a la wavves. Snapback/graphic tee turned into jersey/light wash lightweight denim/beat up sneakers.

Ahhh, yes, the douchebag look.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

I have gone from watching an auction for an MMM leather shirt for the purposes of a surefire kop to curiousity in re: "holy carp, how much are people actually willing to pay for this thing?!"

4. Lel

Lel Senior member

I kind of want to just quit fashion for a little bit, save up money and do other things. I'd rather in the future be armed with my first choice of wardrobe items rather than trying half ass it with budget versions of stuff I really want, at the moment I'm just too inbetween.

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Canadian retailers have lost the plot. You'd think that with the the advent of google they'd realize that their price points aren't competitive with other retailers.

Common Projects Achilles low grey by retailer:

Nomad (Canadian): $476 - including tax + shipping (What's funny about their shipping policy is that the more you spend, the more expensive shipping is. WTF?)
    Gravity Pope (Canadian): $420 - exclusive of shipping
    Tres Bien (Sweden): $303 - including tax + free shipping

What the fuck are they thinking?

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

i see these pop up on b+s every now and then, any place stock them online?

SSense, Browns I believe, Barneys sometimes and the NY store can do phone orders.

7. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

I always thought cuffing to show the selvedge line was really lame, but now that I have selvedge jeans I can't help but cuff [​IMG]

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

I always thought cuffing to show the selvedge line was really lame, but now that I have selvedge jeans I can't help but cuff [​IMG]

If you're at the show at 2640 space saturday we can do a two second internet selvage nod and then not talk at all cuz its weird to see people from the internet.

9. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

If you're at the show at 2640 space saturday we can do a two second internet selvage nod and then not talk at all cuz its weird to see people from the internet.

haha, meeting people from the internet is so awkward at first.

I won't be there, I'm away at a bike race this weekend.

I don't know if this is your scene at all, but are you going to be at the Wiz Khalifa show in April?

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Are the pants julius as well?

Yeah, they're the actual item I was trying on, shirt was for fun. The pants were the corkscrew pants with the zips at the hems.. Was considering them at 50% off, but though the fit was spot on and I kinda digged the zippers over boots, the distressing was just too much. I like plain pants

11. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I hate being OCD. I have been on the hunt for a pair of tapered trousers for summer wear and just cant find any. The ones I do find online that I like are either sold out or they don't have my size(28). At least I am saving money I guess.

12. robin

robin Senior member

All of my international packages inbound to the US have been getting delayed a lot lately due to extra screenings. ;_;

13. APK

APK Senior member

I kind of want to just quit fashion for a little bit, save up money and do other things. I'd rather in the future be armed with my first choice of wardrobe items rather than trying half ass it with budget versions of stuff I really want, at the moment I'm just too inbetween.

I'm there, as well. I'm within striking distance of having everything but my car paid for, but I still don't have that bank account depth that can cushion the blow of something unexpected. The responsible thing would just be to further trim my already meager wardrobe to a couple of staples and become strictly an observer to this whole hobby while I save.

I hate being OCD. I have been on the hunt for a pair of tapered trousers for summer wear and just cant find any. The ones I do find online that I like are either sold out or they don't have my size(28). At least I am saving money I guess.

It's been a similar story for me with slim sweatpants that have a hem that allows for "pushed up/stack" look. Such a garment doesn't seem to exist for a reasonable price.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Yeah, they're the actual item I was trying on, shirt was for fun. The pants were the corkscrew pants with the zips at the hems.. Was considering them at 50% off, but though the fit was spot on and I kinda digged the zippers over boots, the distressing was just too much. I like plain pants
    Two unrelated questions.
    1. How long is the inseam on those do you find?
    2. How much were they, and did they have a size 3, because they are exactly what I need.

15. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

If this can be rehijacked into What Will We Be Wearing In Spring/Summer,

I'm thinking more v and scoop necked tees, tortoiseshell shades, floral bandannas/scarves, and either cords/wallabees or black jeans/repettos. Ideally I'd like to be able to do both, but any recommendations on what I should do first?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.