1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Nah, my rock band. We went multi-platinum in Sao Tome and Principe

2. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

Talk more about foucault. So, how 'bout dat Order of Clarks? I mean Things?

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

im gonna go brush my teeth and sleep, but some real fashion thoughts:

1. stacking on jeans is overrated
    2. i just bought a pair of 484 slim selvedge from j crew and i like them. tight as balls at first, but stretching out like paper -- but they're easy, they're lightweight and they're cheap.
    3. i really appreciate when i trash the shit out of my clothing. i love worn in things. shorts where the dye is starting to fade, sweaters with holes. it's authentic and has value in an age of fast-fashion consumerism.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

truth

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

my sperrys are destroyed. the leather is all fucked up, the sole worn down, the eyelets are all rubbed down/torn up and the whole shape is dead. love it (kind of gross too).

6. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

^ This. Still occasionally sport my og LLBean bluchers..... even w/ mij 19cm DH. Looks good.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  7. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Sperry's break down in the most spectacular way

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Goodbye to fashion for the time being, hello new gym pass

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  9. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

argh why does everyone think they can do a style blog?

fuck put whatever you want on your tumblr or whatever but please don't go round telling everyone to roll their pants and wear sockless bucks in summer for a "breezy feel around the ankles".

It pains me that urbanaesthetics is not the worst of such blogs. It pains me more that a lot of them have professional fucking photographers.

Oh shit,
    this sentence:

2 people like this.
  10. Zeemon

Zeemon Senior member

i hate a lot of expressions fashion-related writers often use like
    classic with a twist
    sophisticated, chic
    fashionista
    statement "clothing item"
    the new black

and random label "name-dropping"
    misuse of terms like eclectic, avantgarde, minimalism, deconstruction

11. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Quote:
    Except that pre-distressing is now so common that no-one knows authenticity if they see it any more. And would it be less 'authentic' and have less 'value' if you really looked after your clothes and they looked as good as they did when you bought them in twenty years time? Face it, you're talking about projecting an image, and that's just as superficial as anything else here.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with image or I wouldn't be here, so I am certainly not being critical of your look - whatever floats your boat. But 'authentic' is just another label in the lexicon of consumer fashion terms these days...

1 person likes this.
  12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

It's not even about the distressing most of the time. For example, most outerwear, whichby definition isn't meant to fit skintight, fits boxy and weird straight out of the box. Takes a bit of wear to really feel comfortable, and when that happens you start to feel more comfortable in it and it just projects much better. It's weird but nicely worn clothes just feel better.

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

best poast in a nice sale thread:

14. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

give me your opinion:

This one

[​IMG]

or this one

[​IMG]

I think the second one looks slightly cleaner, but the first one is slightly more functional, and with the numbers its quicker to tell time. thoughts?

15. French Dude

French Dude Well-Known Member

What is the second watch?

16. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

^
    Uniform wares, and I think it looks much nicer then the first one and just as easy to read the time.

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Clarkuments are the engine that drives SF during downtime.

I generally agree with Teger's points (<3 you Tegs). It's not really the Clark's, it's just about baby steps for people who should take them. And I don't really mean mikey. For people who think styleforum ruined them with plaid shirts and clarks; dude, you bought that stuff. Any consumer forum will have some competing factions pushing certain angles; buying all Damir Doma after browsing for two weeks is at least as ridiculous as spending $500 at JCrew or Epaulet.

18. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Go for the Braun watch, unless it's expensive (like >$200) - otherwise get one of those J. Crew -esque TImexes like everyone else. Can't lose for $40.

19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Cocaine. Probably has origins prior to this, but the song "Wamp Wamp (What It Do)" is on the Clipse album Hell Hath No Fury. Drug-fueled hip-hop outta Norfolk, VA.

I seriously hate Margaret Atwood. Had to read The Handmaid's Tale in high school, and I resented every ham-fisted minute of it. My book club picked whatever her last novel was at some point, and I skipped the damn meetup because I didn't want to waste my time on it.

Props to anyone who reads serious academic stuff on their own. I mostly just read easily accessible novels in my free time.
    Definitely enjoy my Timex Weekender. I take my phone out of my pocket way less often since I laid down the $36 for it, and that's the main reason I bought it. (0)

Also, I like plaid button-front shirts. I don't really anticipate that changing in the immediate future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.