Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APK

APK Senior member

Occasionally hot but also the worst kind to talk to. All conspicuously mentioning Jonathan Safran Foer's new book about being a vegetarian. All acting like they know about fonts. All being "musically adventurous" but actually that only means electro pop and indie rock.

Am I bitter? Only slightly.

Good to know that geographic location isn't enough to keep this type of girl centralized in just one area.

I'm still looking for a girl who dresses like the girls who end up on fashion blogs, but who also listens to Waka Flocka Flame. I'll let you know if I ever find this unicorn.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Occasionally hot but also the worst kind to talk to. All conspicuously mentioning Jonathan Safran Foer's new book about being a vegetarian. All acting like they know about fonts. All being "musically adventurous" but actually that only means electro pop and indie rock.

dude...are u now or have you ever been enrolled in an MFA?

3. APK

APK Senior member

dude...are u now or have you ever been enrolled in an MFA?

I majored in creative writing (for reasons still not entirely clear to me) and shit, those core classes were a trip. I remember walking into the first class of the poetry workshop course and only seeing some girl wearing a cape sitting next to a girl wearing hand warmers and knitting (possibly another pair of hand warmers).

4. gwydion

gwydion Senior member

Canadian retailers have lost the plot. You'd think that with the the advent of google they'd realize that their price points aren't competitive with other retailers.

Common Projects Achilles low grey by retailer:

Nomad (Canadian): $476 - including tax + shipping (What's funny about their shipping policy is that the more you spend, the more expensive shipping is. WTF?)
    Gravity Pope (Canadian): $420 - exclusive of shipping
    Tres Bien (Sweden): $303 - including tax + free shipping

What the fuck are they thinking?

Yeah, and even when I got hit with customs fees, I think it was under $30 from TBS. I don't bother with most canadian retailers unless they're having sales. Ordering from pretty much any other country is worth it even with the customs hit in comparison.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

...shit, those core classes were a trip. I remember walking into the first class of the poetry workshop course and only seeing some girl wearing a cape sitting next to a girl wearing hand warmers and knitting (possibly another pair of hand warmers).

http://tinyurl.com/4ozyrtd

[​IMG]

6. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

repettos struck me as the most fragile shoe on earth. I'd be weary of incorporating them as a staple piece.

7. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

they're not on the website at least. i think the model name was "brandon"
    http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/foot...ite/mfo896-248 My friend has a pair and they seem pretty nice to me, for the price strapless version, don't dig the hiking laces though: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/foot...halk/mfo948-60 lul-worthy tweed version: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/foot...coal/mfo970-33 other variations: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/foot...halk/mfo961-60 http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/foot...ack/mfo960-162 http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/foot...coal/mfo997-33

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Just downloaded The Best of Nelly. I've never been happier [​IMG] YOU COULDN'T GET THIS COLOR IF YOU HAD A PERSONAL GENIE

9. oldmanskin

oldmanskin Well-Known Member

I'm getting to the point where I'll be buying a lot less. I like to think that my small wardrobe is finally complete.

10. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

who else makes rad sars masks like odyn vovk did a few seasons ago? or anyone know where i can find one of those. i want that shit for burning man

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

^ Can't stand this type, but probably because I have enough pretension for two people. I'm a massive douche irl. (4)

I just realized M_R and AFL were two separate posters. JSF is not a bad writer at all but the vegetarian book was poor.

I majored in creative writing (for reasons still not entirely clear to me) and shit, those core classes were a trip. I remember walking into the first class of the poetry workshop course and only seeing some girl wearing a cape sitting next to a girl wearing hand warmers and knitting (possibly another pair of hand warmers).

Haha. Workshops are the worst.

13. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

http://www.mbok.jp/item/item_238562834.html

is this motherfucker serious?

lol they will likely stay there for eternity. there's stuff on YJ/mbok that's been there for like 4 years with no price drops

14. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

have you ever heard of this band, mgmt?

Exactly, man.

I'm technically declared as a CW major but I am looking at things to transfer into right exactly now. Workshops are a goddamn felony, if I have to read one more story where the mom dies of cancer or a full-grown adult says "freaking" I am going to flip some little plastic chairs.

repettos struck me as the most fragile shoe on earth. I'd be weary of incorporating them as a staple piece.

I will wear any pair of cool shoes until the bottoms detach from the tops in an irreversible way. Plus I can relieve them with CPs if necessary.

15. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I started out as an creative writing major but ended up an econ/social science major. Couldn't stand the creative writing people. Good decision all around (Nerdy Asian chicks who liked comics were also a lot easier to pull than the fauxhemians who were more interested in posturing and, in my limited experience, were generally lazy in bed)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.