• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW Chan's March Tour

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Keep in mind that Patrick tends to recommend non-SF approved cloth, such as Zegna, LP, etc. with high super numbers and low weights. He actually discouraged me from picking from the Harrisons and Lesser books.

I think if you know what pattern you're looking for he will steer you right. Zegna and LP are pretty good fabrics.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Keep in mind that Patrick tends to recommend non-SF approved cloth, such as Zegna, LP, etc. with high super numbers and low weights. He actually discouraged me from picking from the Harrisons and Lesser books.
Interesting. He hasn't to me, although, I've only ordered two things and emailed to ask for pictures of two other things. For example, when I wanted a fresco suit, he showed me Minnis, Smiths, and H&S, then when I wanted tweed he showed me Breanish, W. Bill, Harris, and Porter and Harding. I wonder if he recommended those other cloths for a particular pattern or purpose. I'd say it's true that Harrison and Lesser tend to be better than Zegna and LP, but I'm sure there are exceptions depending on what a person wants exactly. And this to me seems to be the properly complex position of the more knowledgeable people than I on SF.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
No appointment yet, but I'm thinking of ordering a light grey suit. Any suggestions for fabric? I'm thinking 8-10 oz, light grey with good visual interest (flecks, etc).
If you're looking for a summer suit, the light grey Minnis Fresco is really nice. Enough variegation to be interesting.
Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion
Just curious if anyone has received their orders from the November tour...
Friday, I received my basted suit for fitting during the March tour.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have received 2 out of 4 shirts. The remaining shirts have been shipped from HK on Friday. I also ordered a suit, which is supposed to arrive in March.

bigchris1313

Reaction score

My basted suit arrived last week. And to think I was skeptical that it would arrive before March 13.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
If you're looking for a summer suit, the light grey Minnis Fresco is really nice. Enough variegation to be interesting.

Friday, I received my basted suit for fitting during the March tour.

Originally Posted by wqvong
I got one shirt from them.

Originally Posted by bigchris1313
My basted suit arrived last week. And to think I was skeptical that it would arrive before March 13.

Does it take that long to get suits on tour now? Wow, business is booming I guess.

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
They are bespoke. You get a fitting-at least one.

If you order shirts from Chan during the tour, it is more of a MTM. I suppose if you order from them in HK, you can get them bespoke. Their shirt prices start at ~ $150 for TM Silver.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most everything I want from Chan is cool-weather stuff at the moment. At the top of my list are a couple of 18-ounce tweed jackets and a cool-weather (12 to 14 ounce) suit, so I am waiting until the summer tour. No point in ordering now just to have garments sitting in my closet until November.

I will say that Patrick has never tried to urge LP or Zegna fabrics on me. Usually his recommendations are very sensible.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads