• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aon
These are lovely! I think they would look better in dark brown.

20110224_2329.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg
[/IMG]

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
My first shoe purchase at full retail:
alden.jpg

You're name is now mud around here...sheesh...full retail?...forgeddabboudddit!

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
Bontoni Monk Straps in Antique Brown.

I was a bit nervous about the monk strap itself (typical of Bontoni & Berluti- doing something "funky"), but when the shoes arrived today, I'm VERY glad I pulled the trigger. The antiquing is awesome.

IMG_9940.jpg

Did you order these at a Bontoni trunk show last fall? (I ask because I ordered two pairs at a show last fall and I've been wondering when they would be ready.)

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instead of a pair of Edward Green Westminister Double Monks, I bought a pair of Lucchese Classic hand-made Boots in full quill Ostrich, color Tan Burnish Ranch with a round toe and riding heel. They are extremely comfortable and light. I've been searching for these boots for several months and were finally in stock. Love these boots with jeans. Looking at the EG Southwold in whiskey for spring. My Lucchese Classic hand-made Boots
OstrichBoots3.jpg
EG Southwold in Whiskey
ws1.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Manged to score these EGs off the bay for a princely sum of £40.
Anyone have any idea of age? I'm thinking of sending them off for a recraft but they do have that old shoe smell (kind of like an old bookstore...)

DSCF1629.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

DSCF1632.jpg

DSCF1633.jpg

DSCF1634.jpg

A good clean inside and outside - Dr Scholls deodorant/disinfectant spray from the chemist or some diluted eucalyptus/tea tree oil on a cloth - an application of Pecards -and NO recraft - just a good Topy sole. IMHO

NiFTY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
A good clean inside and outside - Dr Scholls deodorant/disinfectant spray from the chemist or some diluted eucalyptus/tea tree oil on a cloth - an application of Pecards -and NO recraft - just a good Topy sole. IMHO

i agree - you could get away with a topy as there is not even stitches on view from what i can see in those shots. you keep bargain bragging rights if you don't have to spring for an (expensive) recraft.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Instead of a pair of Edward Green Westminister Double Monks, I bought a pair of Lucchese Classic hand-made Boots in full quill Ostrich,

love the boots, the southwold not so much...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister

that's my thought. pls don't topy, though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads