• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^Interesting fit, PB. It's a little too "fashiony" for me, what with the 1 button, peak lapel, super slim fit, but an interesting change from what is typically posted. As mentioned before, your shirt collars are awesome. I think you will benefit greatly and find more comfortable a more relaxed, drapey fit. Interesting to see your new pieces.

This is funny to me, because it is far less fashiony than most of my "fashion" suits. It is actually probably one of the loosest suits that I own as well. I think I might be confusing the feeling of loose and proper as well. This number is bespoke, all my others are MTM and I think in an effort to get MTM to fit I have ended up wearing suits that are just plain too small. Peaked lapels aside, when I saw these photos I couldn't help but think that the fit reminded me of a lot of Phat Guidos fits, which I was happy as ever to think.

Thank you for the comments on the collars. I love them too.

My next comission will be different in silhouette than this one. I think I am going to move over to the dark side with the drapists...

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
Where on earth did those come from?! All kinds of nice.

Thank you, Pierre Corthay.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
This is funny to me, because it is far less fashiony than most of my "fashion" suits. It is actually probably one of the loosest suits that I own as well. I think I might be confusing the feeling of loose and proper as well. This number is bespoke, all my others are MTM and I think in an effort to get MTM to fit I have ended up wearing suits that are just plain too small.

My next comission will be different in silhouette than this one. I think I am going to move over to the dark side with the drapists...

This is how Frank started with me too...very slim, and then the peer pressure and the fact that my body changed for the better-no longer a skinny punk, now more of a well built punk- we gravitated toward a silhouetted drape. When are you headed there next? I have a linen SC (that I'm trying some different things with-can't wait) and one of my Lessers on his queue as we speak. Maybe we'll hook up for lunch.

cronicmole

Reaction score
This is funny to me, because it is far less fashiony than most of my "fashion" suits. It is actually probably one of the loosest suits that I own as well. I think I might be confusing the feeling of loose and proper as well. This number is bespoke, all my others are MTM and I think in an effort to get MTM to fit I have ended up wearing suits that are just plain too small. Peaked lapels aside, when I saw these photos I couldn't help but think that the fit reminded me of a lot of Phat Guidos fits, which I was happy as ever to think.

PG's suits are FAR more loose fitting to be honest..you look good in your style though in a PB way not PG. Also, that collar is beautiful can you tell me about the shirt..collar length etc.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like the suit and it has a certain menace about it, especially with those gloves and skull crusher boots. However, it is way tighter than anything PG wears Pat.

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a different suit planned for today, until I saw that I had blown the seam out of the seat.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

BlueGrey2.JPG

BlueGrey3.JPG

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope you are going for longer jackets with wider lapels and lots of drape as well as looser trousers. If that's the loosest fitting suit, I don't want to see the tight fitting suits
laugh.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
This is how Frank started with me too...very slim, and then the peer pressure and the fact that my body changed for the better-no longer a skinny punk, now more of a well built punk- we gravitated toward a silhouetted drape. When are you headed there next? I have a linen SC (that I'm trying some different things with-can't wait) and one of my Lessers on his queue as we speak. Maybe we'll hook up for lunch.

Yeah, I didn't say a word to Frank about how slim I wanted it. I thought it best that I let him do what he knows. If he gave me something looser the pics would have been looser. I was specific about details style wise, but I didn't want to micro-manage a tailor. I mean who am I to do that? A first time bespoke customer.

I am not sure when I will be in next. I have been awfully busy lately and I am going off to Paris in April. We will see how much money is dropped overseas!

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just keep telling myself that it is As It Is When It Was...

NO_022211_01.jpg

NO_022211_02.jpg

NO_022211_03.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
^All good.

Cheers ndw...that shirt you wore yesterday was all sorts of win...great texture, colour and collar!

Originally Posted by SWallace
Try Vignette, it's in the app store. Overall a much better camera app. Also, better lighting, the EVO does **** work in low light.

Yup that's what I use...love it!

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Pand...I love the new you.

Cheers NYR!

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried a makeshift linen PS today. Cardigan is navy though it looks black. Suit is grey herringbone. Thanks for the input guys and I am trying a new method for taking pix tomorrow, didn't have time to try it this morning due to weather here in Detroit (3 hour drive to work...)

291ztvs.jpg

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
While I wait for some updated shoulder-related feedback, here are some more pics. I just changed a few articles of clothing to make the outfit more appropriate for a fundraiser I'll be attending soon.
Photo185-1.jpg
photo-5-1.jpg

First, let me just say that your hat, alone, is probably worth more than my entire wardrobe. Also, none of what is to follow should be taken overly seriously, given the sartorially-challenged source. That said, since you are wont to dole out advice that breaks SF ranks, I thought I'd do the same. To me, all of your pieces are nice on their own, but the net ensembles you create look a bit affected at times. Maybe that's just the knowledge that you are, what - 27? - clouding my judgment. Edited to add: Today's fit reinforces this notion.
Originally Posted by TTO
My Dad & I -TTO
What's that about apples and trees? (Nice)
Originally Posted by ndw

Wow, really, really nice. I actually love the tie.
DSC02443.jpg

I suggest repoasting these on Friday in a nod to Jude Law in Road to Perdition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads