• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xposted from armoury affiliate thread. My new Carmina MTO's
IMG_4605.jpg

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its called the "victoria" sole - slightly thicker than the dainite soles, which I wanted to try for these more rugged boots.
IMG_4603.jpg

NMW1982

Reaction score
I remember just a year ago people hated Carmina and bashed the hell out of it for its low quality. I want to know which Styleforum member changed this and made Carmina a fad here.

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Xposted from armoury affiliate thread.

My new Carmina MTO's

IMG_4605.jpg

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NMW1982
I remember just a year ago people hated Carmina and bashed the hell out of it for its low quality. I want to know which Styleforum member changed this and made Carmina a fad here.

I don't remember this. In fact, I was in Paris about two years ago and visited the Carmina showroom based solely on the praise they received here on the forvm.

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NMW1982

I tried searching. Links ?

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fence28
fight[1].gif
I thought it was ongoing love/hate feud. For example: The Great Carmina Massacre BS thread http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=carmina

yeah, that thread was started last month, though. And people just have differing opinions, as with everything else.
The way I see it, Carmina has had a strong run recently because you can actually buy them now rather easily, courtesy of our friends at The Armoury. People like Fidel, NORE, and, I guess, MAC, recently, bought a pair, created threads about these, which is why they seem more visible. That is all.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina was the ONLY brand that I bought two pair after remembering the various threads I'd seen on them and having no first-hand experience. I only did a search after pulling the trigger. When they came I was very pleased. Very nice shoes at this point in time. Can't speak for prior or if the Armoury commissions were special.

I am very pleased with the pairs I bought and will continue to encourage other members to patronize.

lexmann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Not exactly shoes but some recent damage.

IMG_4150.jpg

I have been using the CREME UNIVERSELLE for a long time. It's a leather cleaner and conditioner. Good stuff. More economical than the RENOVATEUR.

When you watch the video from JM Weston' website about a gentleman's demonstrating shoe polishing, you can see he was also using that cream to clean/condition the shoes.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TD - those suede Carmina boots are killer! Excellent work with the soles as well. A nice balance between elegance and rusticity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads