• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by más_cerveza
I got a handwritten thank you note from LEC and I'm so surprised at how specific and personal it was. People have said this but I want to reiterate, this is what you call customer service!

+1.
Fantastic Customer Service! I only made a $20 purchase and they still sent me a handwritten note.

raphaelargus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
LEC sizing is all over the place as is their quality. It's almost on a piece by piece basis. But here's just a general rule of thumb.

I'm 5'9" 160 with a 38-40 chest and broad shoulders.

LEC shirts fit well in medium.

LEC sweaters fit like tents in medium.

And LEC outerwear fit like badly-designed clothes on anybody.

I think we're pretty much the same dimensions and I agree completely. The LEC medium button down shirts fit me well, even better than J Crew shirts which are cut a bit fuller and with longer arms. I can barely button a small from either LEC or JC, for comparison.

I'm pretty much a small in sweaters from every OTR retailer except for Uniqlo, so I don't hold that against LEC.

And, yes, I thought maybe I was the only one who thought so, but they must use some hunchbacks as their fitting models because their outerwear fits...badly. Very badly. Never looks right.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
+1.
Fantastic Customer Service! I only made a $20 purchase and they still sent me a handwritten note.

It's definitely a nice touch, even if the message almost certainly came from a list of scripted messages. I was surprised to see that they pony up the 44 cents to send the note separate from the order.

Tuco

Reaction score
There's probably some psych study or market research that says the note reduces returns by some % and gets a certain # of people who are on the fence about returning an order to keep it.

Dinky89484

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
+1.

I agree! It was probably little effort on their part but I went a long way for me!

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Qudi
If you don't mind me asking, what sizes did you order and how big are you around your upper body? I'm thinking about picking up a few sweaters and outerwear pieces myself.

I'm 5'10", 180 lbs.

Wear a medium in most t-shirts. I do work out a lot so I'm a bit more muscular than average (not bragging...just trying to help). Some slim fit shirts don't fit my arms and chest.

32x32 pants.

I wear a 42R suit jacket but always have to get them slimmed down a bit in the body.

The 42 jean jacket fits great, but if you're taller than me or have a long torso you might think it's a tad too short. I'd say the red and black wool jacket fits true to size. I wanted it a little big so I could layer it.

highkneez

Reaction score
FYI for all the Canadian shoppers.

I ordered some items from LEC during the last huge sale and it arrived ridiculously quick, within 3 business days to Toronto.

Luckily for me, most of the items purchased fit well, including a red chambray shirt, varsity hoodie, and some basic tees. I can't really complain about the quality as the prices were dirt cheap. However, I did have to return an item as it was ordered purely out of curiosity.

Anyways, the good news is that returning orders from Canada is easy and free via Sears. I can't confirm if you can return LEC at any Sears location but I did have success at the downtown Eatons location. They did carry a small section of LE on site. I didn't check to see whether they carried LEC merchandise as well, most likely just regular LE.

In addition, the duty charged on the return item was also refunded. However, the refund was not credited immediately, so I'll have to keep at eye on my credit card statements.

Lastly, I chatted up with the cashier near the LE section and apparently LE is not doing so well in store. They were experiencing lots of returns and apparently Sears plans on scrapping LE from the store next spring. Take that with a grain of salt.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Interesting. Were you talking about LEC or LE?

Originally Posted by highkneez

Lastly, I chatted up with the cashier near the LE section and apparently LE is not (doing) so well in store. They were experiencing lots of returns and apparently Sears plans on scrapping LE from the store next spring. Take that with a grain of salt.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought 3 lec shirts from lands end, and got two hand written thank you cards that said the exact same thing.
ffffuuuu.gif

highkneez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
Interesting. Were you talking about LEC or LE?
I didn't get a chance to ask. The conversation started casually because the return was processed so effortlessly. I was actually surprised and expected a run around by Sears. So I just asked if they get alot of returns from online orders. That's how the info came about.

WildPegasus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by highkneez
Anyways, the good news is that returning orders from Canada is easy and free via Sears. I can't confirm if you can return LEC at any Sears location but I did have success at the downtown Eatons location. They did carry a small section of LE on site. I didn't check to see whether they carried LEC merchandise as well, most likely just regular LE.

I did the same at the Carlingwood Sears in Ottawa. Not a flagship store by any means and they've only got a small Lands End section with no LEC stuff.

lwkeung

Reaction score
Returned $70 worth of items back to sears in Pasadena, California.
Easy, and painless, even without the original individual packing bag.
Was refunded my money to Paypal 2 business day after.

ArsenalDan

Reaction score
Their sizing is very odd for me. I'm 5 11 160. Shaker Shawl is a perfect fit, as was the medium jersey blazer (before it stretched out from aggressive wear with a sweater underneath; needs to go into the wash). Heritage cardigan also works for me... But their shirts simply do not fit me at all. Way too small in the chest/shoulders/back relative to the bottom half of the shirt, where it really billows out. If I sized up (and this may only be hypothetical, since I can't remember if I did in my original order), the entire shirt would be too big, requiring a ton of tailoring work and bringing the price up to near higher quality producers.

Great store overall, I have to say, especially with the obscenely easy returns. I also have those leather lace-up boots, and while I am somewhat concerned for how they'll age [I can already see some cheap-looking creases forming] they do look great, I've gotten a compliment per day on them, and they'll last at least this FW and the next. I've also got a package sitting at my parents house with a few of their blazers and the CPO jacket....I'll update this re those when I check those out tonight.

TRA8324

Reaction score
I bought a couple of their shirts. One garment dyed emerald green oxford, and another wine colored heritage oxford. The fit was great for me. A tiny bit tight in the neck, but I expected that because I sized down. I'm 5'11" 185lbs and the medium fit great.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I threw my shirts in the dryer on high.

Oxford seems to have shrunk up nicely. Still a tad big, but much better. Good enough that I'll probably stick with lec oxfords for the price. Want to pick up a blue one and a green overdye for st. paddy's day.

Chambray also shrunk up a tad, fits me really well now.

Heritage Poplin I don't think shrunk at all. Probably won't buy another one just because the fit is a tad big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads