Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. cioni2k

cioni2k Senior member

Thanks for sharing. Made an order today with all smalls, looking forward to receiving this shipment.

My measurements are almost the same at 5'10" and 160lbs, but with broad shoulders and a 15" neck. it's hard to find well-fitting shirts, hopefully these will fit even though I won't be able to button it all the way up. [​IMG]

You should be fine with a S

2. officeboy

officeboy Senior member

Thanks for sharing. Made an order today with all smalls, looking forward to receiving this shipment.

My measurements are almost the same at 5'10" and 160lbs, but with broad shoulders and a 15" neck. it's hard to find well-fitting shirts, hopefully these will fit even though I won't be able to button it all the way up. [​IMG]

Broad shoulders plus 5'10" makes me think you are gonna have short sleeves. I'm 5'11" @170lbs and a LEC medium is borderline too short in the arms.

3. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

You should be fine with a S

At 5'9, 150lbs myself, the small fit me rather well. However, I have pretty narrow shoulders. The chest was also about as tight as I'd want it to be. (This is unwashed, so it may shrink a bit more).

I'd start with a small and wash it a few times and see how it fits. It may end up being a little too tight on you because of your broad shoulders, but my guess is the medium is going to run way too big.

4. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

Broad shoulders plus 5'10" makes me think you are gonna have short sleeves. I'm 5'11" @170lbs and a LEC medium is borderline too short in the arms.
    I'd start with a small and wash it a few times and see how it fits. It may end up being a little too tight on you because of your broad shoulders, but my guess is the medium is going to run way too big.
    Yeah, they probably will be a bit short, but I plan on just wearing them casually so I'll probably just roll them up. I'm more concerned with the fit in the shoulders. I tried on my friend's Mediums and they were alright lengthwise in arms, but definitely way too baggy there and below the bust. Should I have just bought mediums and gotten them tailored? Anyone know how much it would cost, approximately, per shirt?

5. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

I got a striped tie on sale off Canvas. The site said imported... but the tag said made in the USA!

And it's really nice, too. Very impressed.

6. hastur

hastur Senior member

Does anyone have any of the slim fit chinos? I was wondering what the leg opening measures on them.

Also I was wondering if the striped chambrays fit the same as the regular chambrays, does anyone own both? I have a regular black chambray and really like how it fits.

edit; acutally their live chat works pretty well, apparently it's 15 1/2" for a size 32. not bad.

7. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

edit; acutally their live chat works pretty well.

Gotta compliment them on their great customer service.

8. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

Does anyone have any of the slim fit chinos? I was wondering what the leg opening measures on them.

Also I was wondering if the striped chambrays fit the same as the regular chambrays, does anyone own both? I have a regular black chambray and really like how it fits.

edit; acutally their live chat works pretty well, apparently it's 15 1/2" for a size 32. not bad.

Lotsa complaints about the pockets... I feel there's definitely a way to fix that though after buying the pants.

9. gannonyu

gannonyu Active Member

Just in case anyone's wondering, here's the measurements on my 31x30

waist 16.5"
    thigh 11.5"
    front rise 10.25"
    back rise 15.5"
    inseam 31"
    hem 7.5"

other than the leg opening, there's nothing very slim about these pants at all. Construction is average. Buttons are loose (easy fix). I agree on the pocket issue, hopefully they fix it on the next round.

10. hastur

hastur Senior member

What was the problem with the pockets?

11. Qudi

Qudi Senior member

What was the problem with the pockets?

I remember people complaining that stuff fell out of their pockets when they sat down. I think the opening was made in a weird way.

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I remember people complaining that stuff fell out of their pockets when they sat down. I think the opening was made in a weird way.

Yes, that is it. The pockets are shallow and designed in a weird way that they always open up with you sit down.

13. stfm12

stfm12 New Member

[​IMG]

What do you think of this sweater?

14. jimmyv

jimmyv Member

What do you think of this sweater?

I picked one up in the last sale. It's become one of my favorites. Nice weight, feels solid, nice and warm. Looks great with chinos and DBs/chukkas.

15. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Senior member

Anybody check out the chambray blazer? Looked good at first but I'm not sure about the quality on the zoomed pics.