• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt44
Just got a few items with the 30% off, Free Ship ...

Cord Blazer in brown, came out to a crazy $20. I'm a standard 42 and the fit is a tad tight at the shoulder, but not a deal killer. Sleeve length is decent. Fabric is really nice. But I shouldn't *****, the thing was 20 bucks!

Corduroy Work Shirt for $13 in grey. I got a M and L. The M is a nice trim fit, but would probably never go in the dryer. The L isn't bad, but would look full tucked in. Anyway, nice corduroy fabric, good color, probably keeping the M.

Heritage Straight Collar Poplin
for $10 in white. Again tried both a M and L. The M was too snug. The fabric isn't very dense, it's a little see-thru. Probably returning both.

Heritage Cardigan for $12 in charcoal, I think. Went with an M, which works for me. Maybe a bit snug when buttoned up, but the L would be too full. Great sweater.

You guys know what this **** looks like, but let me know you if you need pics...

What size do you normally wear (in J Crew, Gap etc)?

inq89

Reaction score
Huge fan of Land's End but don't have a lot of experience with Canvas. Received my shipment yesterday from that %40 additional off the regular sale they had the other week. Purchased 2 v-necks at $10, heritage chinos at $10, and the Shaker Shawl Cardigan at $20.

I ordered a medium on the v-necks but they're more fitted than regular Land's End and feel like a small, may end up returning them. Heritage chinos were too skinny for my build but may end up keeping them since it was so cheap. The Shaker Shawl felt perfect, and although I am not a fan of the pre-distressed buttons, the overall quality is nice and well worth it for what I got for it.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Impulsv
Is there a sale going on right now? I just signed up for their emails and am interested in picking a few pieces up.

idk man you can go to landsend.com just as easily as the rest of us.

jbharris88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by .Impulsv
Is there a sale going on right now? I just signed up for their emails and am interested in picking a few pieces up.

There is always a sale going on. As for promotions, only free shipping exist right now. You missed the 40% off promo that has been going on in some variation for weeks. Try doing a little research next time...

Jump Around

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisfits
The crinkly feel came with their F/W released poplins. Their first run poplins were very soft. I own both (wearing the latter today, actually). So generally, darker colors are the crinkly stuff; lighter colors (like color gingham or stripes on a white ground) is the soft stuff.

I honestly thought that the crinkly fabric was a production error, since they appeared to pull it shortly after it was released. But if it's still being sold, I guess it's intentional. Maybe it's a thicker fabric that's better for winter?

I don't think you should ask if the stiffness is normal. Decide for yourself if you like it or not. I kept mine, not because I particularly like the fabric, but because I like the pattern.

Yeah, my undershirt shows when I wear the white oxford.

Thanks for the info Thisfits!

Basically I asked about the stiffness because I don't like the feeling of it and if they do soften up I'd love to keep it. Last thing I want to do is pay and wait for a shirt and when it arrives I immediately dislike how it feels. Then return it but find out it softens up after a wash.

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jump Around
Thanks for the info Thisfits!

Basically I asked about the stiffness because I don't like the feeling of it and if they do soften up I'd love to keep it. Last thing I want to do is pay and wait for a shirt and when it arrives I immediately dislike how it feels. Then return it but find out it softens up after a wash.

Ah. Mine's been through one or two washes, and it still feels and sounds crinkly. I was kind of hoping it would soften up, too.

Matt44

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnH123
What size do you normally wear (in J Crew, Gap etc)?

I'm usually a large in JCrew. Very occasionally, a medium works for me. And it's been a while, but I'm also a L in Gap stuff.

Doug C

Reaction score
I haven't gotten one of the poplin shirts from LEC, though I have several in other brand and it strikes me that so many here seem surprised at the weight and feel of the fabric. Again I don't have the LEC one specifically (so admittedly I may be way off here) but the way it's being described on these pages doesn't seem out of line for poplin in general. It's got a crispness to it usually, is thin as a rule and could make noise especially if starched (which it takes very well btw). It's not oxford, jersey, or whatever else.

Nezero

Reaction score
Wow bought Cardigan/Sweater and shirt all in medium.

ALL TOO BIG.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I read that American Eagle had a similar brand (low cost version of jcrew) which had great prices, goofy fits, and eventually went out of business. I recall there was a huge thread on SF about this brand as well. People were buying tons of stuff, and returning a very large percentage of their purchases.

Is canvas headed in that direction? It seems like it.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
so much fail in this thread post-holiday sale

LE(C) got the better of you all... told you so.

theclone

Reaction score
I like a lot of what I got but I find that the sleeves are all a bit long. I've never really had this problem before. Maybe my arms are shrinking.

MercuriaList

Reaction score
I got the Shaker Shawl Cardigan in a M, and it fits well. Perhaps ever-so slightly stretched when buttoned. I also got their Naval Officer Shirt in a M a few months back, and it fits like a glove as a layering piece. Quality in both is not great, but certainly acceptable, especially given the price.

I think LEC may just be one of those brands that fits me. For sizing comparisons: I usually fall between a M & a L in JCrew, which is annoying, and thus dont own many items from them. Fortunately Uniqlo's M generally work for me, but its close.

crimpologist

Reaction score
Ordered some cheap items for spring/summer and they just came in. 3 of the jersey polos and 2 bedford cord shorts all at 40% off.

The polos are not too bad especially @ $5.39 after discount. I'm 5'8" 152lbs and the small fits me just fine.

The shorts are really nice and they are one of the few things from LEC that actually look better in real life than on the website, got them in expedition green and navy. They worked out to $10.19 a pair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics