• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Stewbone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dsoren
So J. Crew decides to come out with dress shirts that can be ordered by neck and sleeve sizes but doesn't make them available in slim fit? That's really ******* stupid on their part.

Yeah and I guess by giving a "measured fit" gives them the opporunity to up the price by another $10.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MelonSnapple
Yo guys I got a twenty percent off code if anyone wants it

me me me i wnat! Good Bday gift
smile.gif

phaseshift

Reaction score
how many of you guys iron or dry clean your stuff?

I usually wash my shirts and take it downstairs (apartment complex has a dry cleaning service) and have them press it for 2 bucks a pop.

I really should get an ironing board and an iron...maybe next month. I have too much to buy this month

imposter2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phaseshift
lol, I pay about 10 per shirt tailored, don't know how much it costs around your area but damn 40 shirts I feel ya. I tend to not tuck my shirt in unless I wear dressier pants. Any who, I just came back from J Crew, called in yesterday and one of the sales persons Michelle put some Gifford Oxfords on for me to try on so I can get the right size for the Suede Bucks. 8 was perfect some room in the toe box but i'd rather it be like that than to have my toes bunched up if I wear to go down half a size. Anyway she helped put in the "Red Phone" order and the girl I was dealing with was a bit rude, got my free shipping and 15% discount though but I was still put off by the girl over the phone. Anyway, Michelle was just awesome, she came over to ask me if everything was good and then she showed me the Trapper Jacket (which I didn't find too appealing, the collar was too thick because of the folded hood, didn't notice this online for some reason). She then commented on my Clark DBs and she recommended me a couple of other jackets that would look good on me. The bellstaf body warmer looked nice but I'm not a fan of nylon, she recommended the cadet jacket, which I already have in black but the hawthorne green is nice as well, not sure if I'm going to opt for that now that the trapper jacket isn't on my list. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/o...7823/37823.jsp not sure if i missed this one in the store but that looks good. Michelle turned out to be a Personal Shopper so I signed up with her, I told her my bday was coming up and she suggested that maybe I can come with like 3 friends, spend 100 each, my friends get 10-15% off and I get 25%. GREAT IDEA! She also said that she usually calls her other customers when a sale is happening at the store or new rollouts come in. I walked out of there with some new stanton graphite pants in classic fit which I sized down on and fit like an urban fit. Was going to get some shirts but my self control took the better of me. can't wait for my suede bucks! whoooot
I'm glad you took my advice haha! I didn't know the shop and share had changed. I always thought it was 20% for each patron, including the client, but I guess they did something different in your store. But overall, the personal shopper program is a really great one. Why did the phone associate upset you? Don't buy the green cadet jacket. One is enough. I actually have the green one though. Coincidentally, I had the same issue with the trapper. My initial way to solving the collar problem was to fold down the hood more. There's like an area in the back of the jacket that holds the hood that can stuff it down in. So I got my new check card in today so I can resume buying haha. I tried pulling out some older J. Crew I had from 07 and as much as I like the old, classic prep look, it looked kind of dated. I guess Frank knows what he's doing haha.

rdgn123

Reaction score
how many of you guys iron or dry clean your stuff?

I usually wash my shirts and take it downstairs (apartment complex has a dry cleaning service) and have them press it for 2 bucks a pop.

I really should get an ironing board and an iron...maybe next month. I have too much to buy this month

...seriously? they're j crew shirts. i just line dry mine and they always turn out fine.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imposter2012
I'm glad you took my advice haha! I didn't know the shop and share had changed. I always thought it was 20% for each patron, including the client, but I guess they did something different in your store. But overall, the personal shopper program is a really great one. Why did the phone associate upset you? Don't buy the green cadet jacket. One is enough. I actually have the green one though.

Coincidentally, I had the same issue with the trapper. My initial way to solving the collar problem was to fold down the hood more. There's like an area in the back of the jacket that holds the hood that can stuff it down in.

So I got my new check card in today so I can resume buying haha.

I tried pulling out some older J. Crew I had from 07 and as much as I like the old, classic prep look, it looked kind of dated. I guess Frank knows what he's doing haha.

Hmm now I need to make another trip to the store because of what you said about the trapper haha.

The phone associate was just rude, I couldn't understand her while she was talking and whenever I asked her to repeat it again she sighed, or i can hear her take a deep breathe in the background and her toned of voice seemed like she was irritated from the start of our conversation.

I have a few questions about the personal shopper

If you spend like a ton of money will they give you some form of discount?

imposter2012

Reaction score
Hmm now I need to make another trip to the store because of what you said about the trapper haha.

The phone associate was just rude, I couldn't understand her while she was talking and whenever I asked her to repeat it again she sighed, or i can hear her take a deep breathe in the background and her toned of voice seemed like she was irritated from the start of our conversation.

I have a few questions about the personal shopper

If you spend like a ton of money will they give you some form of discount?

Go check it out again and mess with it in a fitting room haha. I ended up not reordering it. Sticking to the cadet baby!

Ugh I hate rude phone associates. The least they can do is fake being nice. -_-

And to answer your question, no you don't get special discounts. They're just really nice associates that help with styling. I always work with personal shoppers. I find regular associates clueless most of the time.

BOUTTA REORDER MY WHITE BUCKS!

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imposter2012
Go check it out again and mess with it in a fitting room haha. I ended up not reordering it. Sticking to the cadet baby!

Ugh I hate rude phone associates. The least they can do is fake being nice. -_-

And to answer your question, no you don't get special discounts. They're just really nice associates that help with styling. I always work with personal shoppers. I find regular associates clueless most of the time.

BOUTTA REORDER MY WHITE BUCKS!

NICE, I hope mine comes in by friday if not probably sometime next week. I've got my shopping cart loaded up, need to make a list so I can go to the store and have my personal shopper help me out.

Darn if she was only 10 years younger, i'd make a move on her
redface.gif

so far I have two stanton shorts, two sun-faded stanton pants, 5 shirts, 2 sweaters

should I get some khaki shorts or pants? my two pants graphite and honey brown...not sure if I can work khaki...but i know khaki is versatile, I kinda just see khaki with wingtips, not sure about boots\\desertboots. The cement bucks certainly won't work with khaki

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Those are Aldens. Apparently they are available in May (though I did see the tan ones available at one of the J Crew Men's Stores last weekend)

oh man...Aldens...hmmmm thanks!

pneumo

Reaction score
I got a 20% off coupon code in the mail (expires feb. 13th) if anybody wants it...I'm not gonna use it.
marchal.gif

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pneumo
I got a 20% off coupon code in the mail (expires feb. 13th) if anybody wants it...I'm not gonna use it.
marchal.gif

meeeeee!

phaseshift

Reaction score
you guys think its best to go all out now or just get a few pieces here and there and wait for more styles to come out throughout spring/summer?

raptorrapture

Reaction score
you guys think its best to go all out now or just get a few pieces here and there and wait for more styles to come out throughout spring/summer?
I'm gonna wait. It's cold right now where I am, so no point getting all this Spring stuff. Plus, I figure most of this stuff will go on sale in about a month.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads