• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

*#..

Reaction score
Wouldn't buy those pants. I just placed an order for 2 polos (navy, heather gray), red chambray, plum poplin, black heritage oxford,and a gray garment dyed oxford all size S. After the 40% and free shipping from CANVASFS50, 3311, it came out to be $51.46. Awesome. I'll probably return anything I don't like at the Sears 10 minutes away, and try to shrink the things I do like. If none of it works out, I didn't lose much. Pretty sure the polos will fit me just fine though.

brozek

Reaction score
Just got the jersey blazer, and it's going back to Sears tomorrow. I expected a lightweight, unstructured cotton blazer I could wear in the summer, but it's more like a medium-weight Hanes sweatshirt cut on a blazer pattern. It's also lined with flannel, which would be a deal-breaker all by itself.

It fit really well though - I'm 6'2", 180 and a medium was slim on me.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Post more fit pics: Recent order came in. Overall, impressed. I am going to say this: At this price point (even retail), LE/LEC blows Jcrew away. Fit+quality is huge +1 for LE/LEC though some firmly believe the quality for both is questionable. Ordered: MR LS twill shirt in storm blue? (Fantastic color, just what I was hoping it to be) -- details: has a button to help the collar stay down in the back!!! didn't expect that. very nice, may order more of this. M Shaker shawl cardigan in dark charcoal (replacement piece for old cardigan in same color) and the Heritage poplin shirt in white, great overall fit. All in size small. 5'10 and under 150lbs. Quit fit pic: I literally just threw on the clothes and some boots and went out to snap some few pics, hence the 3x of the same photo. No fit pic of the blue shirt, but it is awesome.
5388206763_686975bf9c_z.jpg
So for all you guys perhaps questioning fit, small is best bit unless you're huge/tall. And I can understand why some of the shorter guys say the sleeve length is still long on size small. Unfortunately it seems rare for XS in LE line of clothes. edit: best bet is to go try on jcrew xs instead

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Picked up a heritage poplin shirt for $12 in medium. Amazing fit. I'm in love. Ordered 3 more.

What is your height weight?

I am 5'8" 150 and found the small to be a bit too snug. I extend my arms to the sides and the buttons and shirt stretch to the point that it leaves gaps in between buttons as the fabric stretches to accommodate my movement.

The strange thing is, it looks great, much like the website fit pics and others I've seen. But any movement leaves me wondering: "are the buttons going to break off?"

Barkinator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brozek
Just got the jersey blazer, and it's going back to Sears tomorrow. I expected a lightweight, unstructured cotton blazer I could wear in the summer, but it's more like a medium-weight Hanes sweatshirt cut on a blazer pattern. It's also lined with flannel, which would be a deal-breaker all by itself.

I really like the jersey blazer! It's definitely not lightweight, but I think it looks good and it fits really well.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, this poplin shirt is so comfy. It could be shorter but I'm 5'7and it looks like the shirt tail design is meant to be tucked in. I wonder if its like J. Crew where their more casual button downs like workshirts and plaids have a smaller shirt tail with intentions of wearing untucked.

Chambray shorts are going back.

lordgold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doug C
I was wondering the same, wouldn't have hesitated if it had a hood and drawstring waist.... anyone ?

Just got mine today, it has both. The hood is a bit flimsy, no insulation, just the nylon shell. I'm 5'11" 155lbs. and the small fits just about perfect for me.

zerostyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
M Shaker shawl cardigan in dark charcoal (replacement piece for old cardigan in same color) and the Heritage poplin shirt in white, great overall fit.

Hmm...I'm roughly the same size as you and ordered the shaker shawl cardigan in small. Hopefully it's not too small. (I had to move up to the medium in crew neck sweaters)

austinite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
Post more fit pics: Recent order came in. Overall, impressed. I am going to say this: At this price point (even retail), LE/LEC blows Jcrew away. Fit+quality is huge +1 for LE/LEC though some firmly believe the quality for both is questionable.

Ordered: MR LS twill shirt in storm blue? (Fantastic color, just what I was hoping it to be) -- details: has a button to help the collar stay down in the back!!! didn't expect that. very nice, may order more of this.

M Shaker shawl cardigan in dark charcoal (replacement piece for old cardigan in same color) and the Heritage poplin shirt in white, great overall fit.

All in size small. 5'10 and under 150lbs. Quit fit pic: I literally just threw on the clothes and some boots and went out to snap some few pics, hence the 3x of the same photo. No fit pic of the blue shirt, but it is awesome.

5388206763_686975bf9c_z.jpg

So for all you guys perhaps questioning fit, small is best bit unless you're huge/tall. And I can understand why some of the shorter guys say the sleeve length is still long on size small. Unfortunately it seems rare for XS in LE line of clothes.

edit: best bet is to go try on jcrew xs instead

Gotta agree, at least for anything out of the sale section (ie: almost everything).

Don't get me wrong, the quality is bad, but at these Target prices? JCrew isn't anything special in the quality department either. I think shorts are the only thing I've bought from JCrew that I really loved. LEC is about 85% the product at 50% the price.

I've been very happy with the basic things like T shirts and sweaters I've gotten from LEC. The BDs are fine for every day wear and ought to be nice in the summer, but they do look a little cheap. Still a decent option to fill out the closet if you are on a budget. I'm a fairly built 6'1 198, and everything in medium fits perfectly on me.

Doug C

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lordgold
Just got mine today, it has both. The hood is a bit flimsy, no insulation, just the nylon shell. I'm 5'11" 155lbs. and the small fits just about perfect for me.

Thanks for the info..... SO it has a drawstring? And is the hood stored inside the collar or what? What color did you get... I've been considering the orange but not sure if I could pull it off. Anyway, I'm 5'/10.5" tall and about 178lbs - you think medium or large for me?

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
This just might be their strategy: undercut jcrew prices while offering very similar styles and offerings overall. Then, once market share increases, bump prices back up?

Originally Posted by austinite
Gotta agree, at least for anything out of the sale section (ie: almost everything).

Don't get me wrong, the quality is bad, but at these Target prices? JCrew isn't anything special in the quality department either. I think shorts are the only thing I've bought from JCrew that I really loved. LEC is about 85% the product at 50% the price.

I've been very happy with the basic things like T shirts and sweaters I've gotten from LEC. The BDs are fine for every day wear and ought to be nice in the summer, but they do look a little cheap. Still a decent option to fill out the closet if you are on a budget. I'm a fairly built 6'1 198, and everything in medium fits perfectly on me.

lordgold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doug C
Thanks for the info..... SO it has a drawstring? And is the hood stored inside the collar or what? What color did you get... I've been considering the orange but not sure if I could pull it off. Anyway, I'm 5'/10.5" tall and about 178lbs - you think medium or large for me?
Yes, it's got a drawstring, and yes, the hood is stored inside the collar. I was thinking about the orange, but went with the green. It's a bit more green than what you see on the website, but still a nice subdued color. I would say a medium would probably be good.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle
What is your height weight?

I am 5'8" 150 and found the small to be a bit too snug. I extend my arms to the sides and the buttons and shirt stretch to the point that it leaves gaps in between buttons as the fabric stretches to accommodate my movement.

The strange thing is, it looks great, much like the website fit pics and others I've seen. But any movement leaves me wondering: "are the buttons going to break off?"

I wear a 42 long jacket. 6'1" and 190lbs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads