Lands' End Canvas

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. gort

gort Senior member

gonna reask: anyone know the neck size measurement on a Mo xford?

Just measured. The length from the button sew point to the button hole is exactly 15 inches laying flat.

2. max-t

max-t Senior member

can someone advise me on possibly shrinking this marled blazer. i like it but it's just a tad too big so if i can shrink it even like 5-10% i think it'd be good to go.

3. pimpmystyle

pimpmystyle Senior member

I wear a 42 long jacket. 6'1" and 190lbs.

There are two possibilities: I was swimming in the small shirts I was wearing before, or you prefer an extremely fitted shirt.

4. gort

gort Senior member

There are two possibilities: I was swimming in the small shirts I was wearing before, or you prefer an extremely fitted shirt.

I do prefer a fitted shirt but there was no pull on the buttons, FWIW.

5. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Senior member

I have to give props to their customer service staff...

Placed an order last night for 3 or 4 V-neck wool sweaters and the red chambray. Was waffling on the Shaker Shawl Cardigan, but in the end, decided against it.

Woke up this morning regretting not buying the cardigan, so I gave them a call. The order was already in process, but the CSA placed a new order for the sweater and gave me the same discount with free shipping.

6. blynch

blynch Senior member

I have to give props to their customer service staff...

Placed an order last night for 3 or 4 V-neck wool sweaters and the red chambray. Was waffling on the Shaker Shawl Cardigan, but in the end, decided against it.

Woke up this morning regretting not buying the cardigan, so I gave them a call. The order was already in process, but the CSA placed a new order for the sweater and gave me the same discount with free shipping.

shaker shawl is looking really good in the couple fit pics of it, regretting not getting it myself...

7. johnH123

johnH123 Senior member

Need fitpics of size large button-downs.

8. Coal_Mining_Polak

Coal_Mining_Polak Senior member

How are the flannel shirts in terms of fit? I got the plum chambray and really like it - the fit is much better than the oxfords for whatever reason.

9. max-t

max-t Senior member

shaker shawl is looking really good in the couple fit pics of it, regretting not getting it myself...
    i got it for dad in a small to account for the supposedly big sizing but its an actual small so its no good for him. on the upside i really dig how its a roomy, thick, warm knit in a nice color and it's like 20 bucks so im keeping it. [​IMG] the marled blazer is pretty good quality and a good way to fake the BoO or W+H blazers at exactly 1/10th of the price. BoO, it's like $380 retail, right?: [​IMG] since it's so cheap i might gamble on attempting to shrink it if someone would advise me on that. otherwise the small would be perfect for someone whose like 5'9.5-10" and 150. as it is, it only looks good on me when i cross my arms lol. i'm cool with that, but the small is just an inch to long in both length and sleeves.

10. max-t

max-t Senior member

here's an even better example of something similar (in look, not quality) but costs 10 ten times as much as the LEC marled blazer. From the recent purchases thread, Ervell Cashmere Blazer

[​IMG]

11. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

Can you measure the actual chest and shoulders of your marled blazer? I'm 5'11 170, not sure if small or med.
    i got it for dad in a small to account for the supposedly big sizing but its an actual small so its no good for him. on the upside i really dig how its a roomy, thick, warm knit in a nice color and it's like 20 bucks so im keeping it. the marled blazer is pretty good quality and a good way to fake the BoO or W+H blazers at exactly 1/10th of the price. BoO, it's like $380 retail, right?: since it's so cheap i might gamble on attempting to shrink it if someone would advise me on that. otherwise the small would be perfect for someone whose like 5'9.5-10" and 150. as it is, it only looks good on me when i cross my arms lol. i'm cool with that, but the small is just an inch to long in both length and sleeves.

12. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

since it's so cheap i might gamble on attempting to shrink it if someone would advise me on that. otherwise the small would be perfect for someone whose like 5'9.5-10" and 150. as it is, it only looks good on me when i cross my arms lol. i'm cool with that, but the small is just an inch to long in both length and sleeves.

Measurements for the small marled blazer would be awesome (shoulders and sleeves in particular)

13. max-t

max-t Senior member

16.25 across the shoulders
    25.25 sleeves
    19 across the chest

hope im not too off

14. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Can you measure the actual chest and shoulders of your marled blazer? I'm 5'11 170, not sure if small or med.

You should be a medium. Def. not small at 5'11" and 170

15. rs5088

rs5088 Well-Known Member

I'm 5'11 170, not sure if small or med.
    A guy posted pics a few pages back that was 6'2'' and 140 and the small was pulling at his chest so I ordered a medium.(I'm 6'2'' and 175). Another guy was able to shrink his a little bit in the wash with a hot dry. idk, I'm hoping the medium works out well for me, but for $38 im not too worried. hope that helps a little. edit: above posts beat me to it