• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These arrived on Friday but I didn't get a chance to unbox and photo until tonight. My first Shoemart Seconds.
biggrin.gif
Thanks to interlockingny for the tip on availability, and thanks to Shoemart for the extra January Sale 10% off and their usual great customer service - I can't say I'm planning to stock up in advance of the price increase any further, but I never thought I'd get these brand new for that price! Now if only they'd get some whiskey longwings in 11D/11E...
sly.gif
Cigar Shell Longwing Bluchers, 97894 Seconds - the flaw in these is probably a combination of a) some discoloration under a "blucher" on one shoe, shown in photo #2 but invisible once laces are on, and b) a bit of extra leather on one "blucher" - pictured below in photo #3. Planning to remove this with some very tiny very sharp sewing scissors soon, and they'll be perfect!
P1060218.jpg
P1060219.jpg
P1060220.jpg

ennui

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWGP
These arrived on Friday but I didn't get a chance to unbox and photo until tonight. My first Shoemart Seconds.
biggrin.gif

Congrats. I ordered the same shoes full-price from AoC. They are my favorite shoes right now.

I'm thinking about getting LWBs in #8 before the price increase. Not sure if I should get two of the same style though. The SWBs on the Tremont seem to cut into my ankle, so those are out. Any suggestions for a second shoe anyone?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten any shoemart seconds emails for the past 2-3 months, and I got them regularly before. I wonder what the deal is? On the other hand I probably saved $400-$800 because I haven't been receiving them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Initially i thought they took me off the email list because i complained about loose stitching. I emailed Matt from Shoemart and he said that its just been a while the they send out the emails He also told me they would send one for the month of Jan but still nothing : (

harrythedog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ennui
Congrats. I ordered the same shoes full-price from AoC. They are my favorite shoes right now.

I'm thinking about getting LWBs in #8 before the price increase. Not sure if I should get two of the same style though. The SWBs on the Tremont seem to cut into my ankle, so those are out. Any suggestions for a second shoe anyone?

leather soul is doing a #8 shortwing on a barrie, pre order closes jan 31. it's going to be a beautiful shoe!

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Unionmade is doing a #8 wingtip boot with a light antique edge for fall based on how nice those Bureau longwings are.

Also a secret collabo with forum members Peterock and DJ Arrow has been submitted. Details will emerge soon!

king*stink

Reaction score
Mac them cigar captor boots are killer.
Wgp nice score on the cigar longwings. I need a pair in my life. I hope they pop up in a 9.5d irregular. I copped some whiskey longwings last month from the irregular list. The only problem I see is a excess of stain in the bottom of the sole. the color#8s on there now are so tempting. But not sure if I need 2 color 8 wingtips. I guess I could sell a pair once the leathersole shortwings finally arrive.

arrow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
Unionmade is doing a #8 wingtip boot with a light antique edge for fall based on how nice those Bureau longwings are.

Also a secret collabo with forum members Peterock and DJ Arrow has been submitted. Details will emerge soon!

That's great Jason!
fistbump.gif

On another note, I tried some Flex welt chukkas for the first time at Alden SF and was really surprised on how comfortable and flexible they were. I wish I knew about their fit long ago... would have picked them up pronto. Just remember to size up by 0.5 inch on the Leydon last.

Tom... anymore re-stocks planned for the Flex Chukka boot?

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A question for the chromexcel wearers. Just grabbed a pair of chromexcel Indy's and was wondering:

a) what are you using to care for them?

b) how often are you caring for them?

Per a recommendation on here, I grabbed some Venetian shoe cream from George over at Oak Street Bootmakers, but I also read on Nick Horween's blog that Neatsfoot Oil is what he recommends. I read here that the Neatsfoot darkens the leather, which I don't have a problem with, but I just wanted to hear some of you guys weigh in on the matter because this is my first pair of shoes/boots using chromexcel.

I've already applied a liberal amount of the Venetian cream and gave it a decent buffing and brushing but didn't really notice a difference from the before and after (should there be a difference?).

king*stink

Reaction score
Brown chromexcel won't buff to a high shine. I have read that neatsfoot oil is not good for the stitching. On my indies I conditioned them when I got them and do so about every week. Once every other month I apply snoseal and heat the leather so it soaks it all in. The snoseal will darken them. Then give it a buff with a brush and it brings it to a nice matte shine. Other than that I just wipe or dust them off depending on what I did in them.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so the shoemart 10% is just in store and over the phone? sorry, I wasn't paying attention enough to this before

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
so the shoemart 10% is just in store and over the phone? sorry, I wasn't paying attention enough to this before

Sorry to report to you: that deal ended yesterday. However, sometimes just asking will yield a positive result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads