• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Run Spidey, Run!
spider-man-575.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Snowstorm would have probably just delayed the movie but I do agree.

Ugh, web shooters I like but web shooters I don't want to see.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Please tell me that's not real. Please dear god, please.
I didn't think it was so bad until I looked up Toby's suit...
.TOBEY.MAGUIRE.SPIDER-MAN.JPG
New one is:
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
They should film it in NYC instead of LA trying to pass it off as NYC.

+1000. One of the reasons Superman reboot was such an epic fail was to shoot in Sydney and pass it off as NYC aka Metropolis.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Please tell me that's not real. Please dear god, please.
From what I've read, there's a good chance it's just the stunt costume, which supposedly lacks the detail of the finished costume. So the eyes won't look red, the metal foot things won't be visible, the web pattern will be stronger, and the costume not as bright or shiny.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
+1000. One of the reasons Superman reboot was such an epic fail was to shoot in Sydney and pass it off as NYC aka Metropolis.
I can comment on this, actually. Shooting in the real NYC, on a large scale movie, is basically impossible. Asking for permits to shut down major sections of NYC (especially the more noticeable and iconic sections) is absurdly expensive and logistically maddening. And you can't control any elements of the background in a city that densely populated. You might literally spend tens of millions of dollars on a single day's shoot, and bear in mind that a day's shoot usually covers between one and three scenes at most. Tom Cruise bought out Times Square for that one scene in Vanilla Sky, and I think it added well north of $10 million to the production costs of his movie. Now imagine shooting an entire Spiderman movie there, with giant action sequences and what have you. We'd be looking at a $300 to $400 million movie these days. Plus, there are legitimately decent alternatives to NYC that don't sacrifice too much look and feel. The Dark Knight was shot in Chicago, for instance, and I think it turned out just fine.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you blue screen that **** in this day and age? FFS they transferred someone's face for an entire movie in The Social Network!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't believe some of you guys are judging it based on an out of context shot of a stunt man running down a street. These types of photos never look good. Wait till we see more official stuff. That's when we will have a better idea of the overall look and feel of the movie.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Can't you blue screen that **** in this day and age? FFS they transferred someone's face for an entire movie in The Social Network!

You can't greenscreen an entire city for the entirety of the movie. That would be nuts, unless you were spending that kind of money on a sci-fi movie or something. Star Wars or Avatar type of ****.

word

Reaction score
Why are they doing a reboot already, the other movies are still new. This reboot crap seems dumb anyways, regardless of the franchise.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
Why are they doing a reboot already, the other movies are still new. This reboot crap seems dumb anyways, regardless of the franchise.

Agreed. Reboots are only effective if the franchise lays fallow for a decade or so. Rebooting Spiderman so soon after the last sequel is a bit silly.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Agreed. Reboots are only effective if the franchise lays fallow for a decade or so. Rebooting Spiderman so soon after the last sequel is a bit silly.

I agree they didn't need to reboot it, but from what I have heard this is not an origin movie which is great. They can just jump right into things without wasting time explaining to audiences, AGAIN, how Parker gets his powers.

It's my hope they do that with the new Superman movie too. For the love of God, no one needs to be shown his origin again...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads