The Amazing Spider-Man (07/03/2012)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Jan 20, 2011.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

think of it this way... if this fails, maybe they'll do better with a spiderman re-reboot in 2016

2. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

No confirmed villain?

Mark Zuckerberg, right?

3. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

I like her and all, but that shot makes her look retarded.

Her face kind of makes her look retarded, dude. That's just how she looks. I find her cute and even endearing, but she has a touch of the Down's in her face. Just a touch.

4. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Am I wrong, but didn't Spider-man become Spider-man in college and not in HS??

5. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

Her face kind of makes her look retarded, dude. That's just how she looks. I find her cute and even endearing, but she has a touch of the Down's in her face. Just a touch.

will she be in the reboot?

[​IMG]

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Nope. That was sort of the whole point of Spider Man, actually. He wasn't a "man" at all, he was just a nerdy kid. (like his readers)

7. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

So Marvel got bought by Disney and turns out Disney is cheap. Maguire was set to make $50m on SM4 & SM5 so they said "lets reboot the franchise and hire new actors so we save money, lower the budget, movie makes big money anyways and we make get more profit! YAY!" So a completely new Spider-Man is in the works brining him back and mainly focusing on him being in high school. No more snuggle tooth MJ, instead we get Gwen Stacy played by Emma Stone.
    Can't stand the whiney little bitch so this is nothing but a plus to me.

8. intent

intent Senior member

Mark Zuckerberg, right?
    I quickly threw this together: [​IMG]

9. scarphe

scarphe Senior member

[​IMG]

10. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

[​IMG]

What?? Why?? Two of his most important enemies are Doc Oct and the Lizard (Doctor Connors) who were both at his college. Unless you're going by the most recent movie series.

Edit: I just did some research, he WAS in Highschool. Boy that's stupid.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

What?? Why?? Two of his most important enemies are Doc Oct and the Lizard (Doctor Connors) who were both at his college.
    Pretty sure neither the origin of Doctor Octopus nor The Lizard has anything to do with Peter Parker's (future) college. [​IMG] God damn nerds!

12. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Pretty sure the origin of Doctor Octopus has nothing to do with Peter Parker's (future) college. He certainly wasn't there when Peter was, either teaching or lecturing, as by that time he was already a well known super-criminal.

[​IMG]

God damn nerds!

Really? I always thought that Doctor Octopus was a professor of PP or he was some kind of mentor to him.

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

Other than the $$$$$, I dont see the need for ANOTHER take on Spiderman. The first one is, what, 10 years old? And mechanical web shooters?? It may be more true to the comic but it doesn't make it any cooler than natural web. Just my 2 cents, from a non-comic book guy.
    Agreed. This shit looks gayer than when gay came to Gaytown. And since it's going to be more true to the comic, that means its almost guaranteed to suck.

14. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Really? I always thought that Doctor Octopus was a professor of PP or he was some kind of mentor to him.
    No, the two movies decided to make everything super convenient. See my edit. Unless universities have a habit of hiring well known super villains and psychopaths as professors... Both characters were around well before Peter Parker ever went to college.

15. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

The High School thing is ok too. Spiderman is one of those comic book characters that actually do age.... just at an incredibly slow rate. High school took real life years, college and what not another 30... he's married and what not now. (Or well...he was. Time-line between him and MJ was reset a few years back, so I gave up on Marvel BS)