• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cez
when i say fit i actually mean fit i.e proportions, how they articles are pieced together, not outfit.

When I say it I mean outfit and its in reference to the proportions and cohesiveness and how the articles fit as a whole.
So, its two ways to the same thing really.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drmmr
Still cuffin'.
I guess you're right on second glance. It's a better look regardless.
kWNYT.jpg
mQyOD.jpg
TWQnX.jpg
Found this coat at a vintage store today. Brand new, and the material/care tag is all in Japanese. "Scoop Boys / healthy and Casual" is all the engrish on it.
eh.gif
It's very well made, horn toggles and all. Super big but I kind of dig that about it.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by miran
Wait a minute. You are not Jewish. You look Iranian. My bad.
Italian. Catholic. 5'6. Any other specs I should address?
laugh.gif
I'm here to contribute and improve within what feels comfortable to me. I won't stop doing what I like. I don't post for validation or else I would have completely transformed by now. Most would like this I'm guessing? I use the forum(not just waywt) as a tool to learn about different aspects of clothing. I contribute to waywt to participate, if it really peeves you please put me on ignore(if I'm not already). I look at wawyt as a jounal entry: what are you wearing Today. That probably explains the frequency.I'll probably start posting in the non discussion thread, and post once and a while here. I don't want to seem like I am trolling?!?

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G0079 that duffle is awesome. Like really nice. I thought it was a toj at first and then saw the neck guard. Really good find! Colour is perfect.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snowman, you attract a lot of attention! haha. Thanks for your compliment earlier and to answer your question, yes, the cashmere tube is like a blanket - huge! You can wear it a million different ways though. I found by the end of the day I had just continually rolled it inside itself until it formed a more compact soft ring around my neck, versus a more drapey look

G0079 - coat looks awesome. i like the proportioning of everything and agree it looks cooler a little bit baggy..

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snowmanxl
I'll probably start posting in the non discussion thread, and post once and a while here. I don't want to seem like I am trolling?!?

No don't. No one ever looks at that other thread. Or at least, I don't. Just post here. **** the haters.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
NN's boots are great

A lot of stuff recently has really sucked

At least snowman TRIES things, quitting posting in this thread would be pretty lol-worthy, you can't wear KVA etc and have thin skin, I mean if you're super worried about what people think about your clothes what do you do when you leave the house??

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snowman the problem is you clearly haven't found your aesthetic direction so you're annoying people by constantly putting up poorly arranged outfits up. Doesn't bother me much, since this all takes time. However, I would suggest thinking about what you buy some more to see if there's any congruency to your outfits. It might also be the fact that you try to mesh brands together which at least to me don't make any sense at all.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if he never finds one. Even if after trying a bunch of different things his success to fail ratio never gets above 50 50 that would still represent a bunch of success fits that are at least different. Even if one in ten is like "damn, that actually works well", that's better than 10 consistent and unoffensive desert boot - raw denim - ocbd - nondescript jacket fits from my perspective as a person reading this forum who enjoys not being bored once in a while.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things posted in here that try to be boring and unoffensive and consistent and can't even get that right. THAT is fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads