The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

when i say fit i actually mean fit i.e proportions, how they articles are pieced together, not outfit.

yo, context

2. East2West

East2West Senior member

when i say fit i actually mean fit i.e proportions, how they articles are pieced together, not outfit.

When I say it I mean outfit and its in reference to the proportions and cohesiveness and how the articles fit as a whole.
    So, its two ways to the same thing really.

3. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

no cuffs looks good kvc

Still cuffin'.

Mellow, awesome. How many times did you cuff those pants?

4. phreak

phreak Senior member

Wait a minute. You are not Jewish. You look Iranian. My bad.

Finkler

5. G0079

G0079 Senior member

Still cuffin'.
    I guess you're right on second glance. It's a better look regardless. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Found this coat at a vintage store today. Brand new, and the material/care tag is all in Japanese. "Scoop Boys / healthy and Casual" is all the engrish on it. [​IMG] It's very well made, horn toggles and all. Super big but I kind of dig that about it.

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

snow gear

[​IMG]

attachment
    raf
    patagonia down vest (no vis)
    uni-qlo
    carpe

7. East2West

East2West Senior member

Nice, nicelynice.
    What model are those uniqlo's?

8. stinger70

stinger70 Senior member

great coat, nicelynice.

9. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

Wait a minute. You are not Jewish. You look Iranian. My bad.
    Italian. Catholic. 5'6. Any other specs I should address?[​IMG] I'm here to contribute and improve within what feels comfortable to me. I won't stop doing what I like. I don't post for validation or else I would have completely transformed by now. Most would like this I'm guessing? I use the forum(not just waywt) as a tool to learn about different aspects of clothing. I contribute to waywt to participate, if it really peeves you please put me on ignore(if I'm not already). I look at wawyt as a jounal entry: what are you wearing Today. That probably explains the frequency.I'll probably start posting in the non discussion thread, and post once and a while here. I don't want to seem like I am trolling?!?

10. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

G0079 that duffle is awesome. Like really nice. I thought it was a toj at first and then saw the neck guard. Really good find! Colour is perfect.

11. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

snowman, you attract a lot of attention! haha. Thanks for your compliment earlier and to answer your question, yes, the cashmere tube is like a blanket - huge! You can wear it a million different ways though. I found by the end of the day I had just continually rolled it inside itself until it formed a more compact soft ring around my neck, versus a more drapey look

G0079 - coat looks awesome. i like the proportioning of everything and agree it looks cooler a little bit baggy..

12. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I'll probably start posting in the non discussion thread, and post once and a while here. I don't want to seem like I am trolling?!?

No don't. No one ever looks at that other thread. Or at least, I don't. Just post here. Fuck the haters.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

NN's boots are great

A lot of stuff recently has really sucked

At least snowman TRIES things, quitting posting in this thread would be pretty lol-worthy, you can't wear KVA etc and have thin skin, I mean if you're super worried about what people think about your clothes what do you do when you leave the house??

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

snowman the problem is you clearly haven't found your aesthetic direction so you're annoying people by constantly putting up poorly arranged outfits up. Doesn't bother me much, since this all takes time. However, I would suggest thinking about what you buy some more to see if there's any congruency to your outfits. It might also be the fact that you try to mesh brands together which at least to me don't make any sense at all.

15. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

It doesn't matter if he never finds one. Even if after trying a bunch of different things his success to fail ratio never gets above 50 50 that would still represent a bunch of success fits that are at least different. Even if one in ten is like "damn, that actually works well", that's better than 10 consistent and unoffensive desert boot - raw denim - ocbd - nondescript jacket fits from my perspective as a person reading this forum who enjoys not being bored once in a while.

Unfortunately there are a lot of things posted in here that try to be boring and unoffensive and consistent and can't even get that right. THAT is fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.