• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You want my bottle? I'm not wearing it and will give it to you on the cheap.
Sure! PM sent. Commes des Garcon for me again today.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Equipage. Hadn't worn this in a long while. I think of it as a "get down to business" or "well groomed CEO" scent, and I have a lot to do today.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Where did you get the Poivre decant from? I've been interested in trying that one to see how it stacks up to Piper Nigrum.

I picked it up from Perfumed Court. I can't find anywhere else with decants of the city exclusives.

achanna

Reaction score
Penhaligon's Castile​

castile1.jpg

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Tried tobacco vanille for the second time. It's starting to grow on me.

Yeah it grew on me too! I still wear it sometimes, but it's not my go-to fragrance.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Yeah it grew on me too! I still wear it sometimes, but it's not my go-to fragrance.

I'm really tempted to purchase a sample set of the tf private blends line..

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I'm really tempted to purchase a sample set of the tf private blends line..

Meh...I'm not impressed with them overall. Everything they make has a cheaper, and often better, alternative.

Oud Wood - Montale range (Original Aoud), or even an older bottle of M7.
Noir de Noir - S-Perfume 100% Love
Urban Musk - wash with ivory soap and then pet a cat
Velvet Gardenia - Lauder Tuberose Gardenia
Purple Patchouli - spend a day with Melissa Rivers

etc.

Wearing Multiple Rouge today.
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
Meh...I'm not impressed with them overall. Everything they make has a cheaper, and often better, alternative. Oud Wood - Montale range (Original Aoud), or even an older bottle of M7. Noir de Noir - S-Perfume 100% Love Urban Musk - wash with ivory soap and then pet a cat Velvet Gardenia - Lauder Tuberose Gardenia Purple Patchouli - spend a day with Melissa Rivers etc. Wearing Multiple Rouge today.
smile.gif

+1; glad to hear another fragranista arguing this point.
smile.gif
As well, those prices mentioned for 4mls, which is really quite a small decant, didn't seem that great to me. With a little legwork, or a trip to one of the saks or stockists for the range, you could get samples for free. Many places also will give you free samples if you write a letter or call. I always get free stuff just by asking for it; Malle especially sent me a number of things just from sending them an email. JHL for me today.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Meh...I'm not impressed with them overall. Everything they make has a cheaper, and often better, alternative.

etc.

smile.gif

The only TF that really hit with me was Amber Absolute: the only reasonable alternative for that was Goutal's Ambre Fetiche - and it's not quite as over-the-top as AA.

Funny enough, someone commented a while back that when a house releases multiple scents as a group...only one really works. Ford released 12, and - to me at least - still only got one that really stood out.

Yatagan today.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
The only TF that really hit with me was Amber Absolute: the only reasonable alternative for that was Goutal's Ambre Fetiche - and it's not quite as over-the-top as AA. Funny enough, someone commented a while back that when a house releases multiple scents as a group...only one really works. Ford released 12, and - to me at least - still only got one that really stood out. ... Yatagan today.
I'm with you on AA. However, Armani Prive Ambre Soie (sp?) and Ambre Russe (parfum d'empire) were two alternatives that I also liked very much.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I'm with you on AA. However, Armani Prive Ambre Soie (sp?) and Ambre Russe (parfum d'empire) were two alternatives that I also liked very much.

Daniel sent me a sample of Amber Soie (sp?) and I still haven't gotten around to giving it a good sniff. I think after AA I just shut down the evaluation processes for amber scents, since everything else started getting evaluated in terms of how they fell short of AA.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

etc.

smile.gif

Hmm. I've been willing to pay for some of the Private Blends precisely because I couldn't find a cheaper or better alternative. For example, I don't know of anything on the market that's similar to Purple Patchouli, which is a fragrance that I absolutely adore. I thinking spending time with Melissa Rivers would be more expensive than buying a bottle, at least when you factor in opportunity costs! Likewise, I'm not aware of anything that would be a substitute for Moss Breches, which I also like a lot. I agree that Noir de Noir is in the ballpark of lots of other fragrances on the market, but so far I like Noir de Noir better than the others.

Sa Majeste La rose for me today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads