Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Just got my 9ml from Rioni today of Tuscan Leather. Damn it smells good. It is very strong. One spray is more than enough.

EDIT:

Four hours in... Damn, I'm loving TL... so far my favorite from the private collection.

2. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Just got my 9ml from Rioni today of Tuscan Leather. Damn it smells good. It is very strong. One spray is more than enough.

EDIT:

Four hours in... Damn, I'm loving TL... so far my favorite from the private collection.

does it really smell like cocaine? i dont know what coke smells like but i've read reviews of how they smell eerily similar.

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

no love for Ford huh...? lol.

IMO the counter setups, service and bottles etc are all top notch. Classy to the max. Sure it's a pretty big lineup but within that... Tobacco Vanille's had huge success and has started massive dialogue. IMO it's not groundbreaking artistically but it's a solid frag. AA is a little heavy handed but it's a solid Amber (the Ambre Soie is a nice alternative. I'm not sure it's 'better', just different). Tuscan leather isn't my cup of tea but many love it.... shall I go on?

GreenFrog loves the Patchouli and I'm starting to really like Japon Noire and Noir de Noire...

all that being said, would I buy full bottles at retail? no. But for $120-130 online, that's pretty reasonably priced for sure and actually the only reason I wouldn't is that their 4ml samples go so far that I've got 3-5 of the few I like and that's all the juice I'll ever need.

Today I'm making decants for the box round #3 and some swaps, so I've got on spritzes of Kyoto and Casswell-Massey Sandalwood plus a dab of Racine. all new acquisitions.

4. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

does it really smell like cocaine? i dont know what coke smells like but i've read reviews of how they smell eerily similar.

I don't get that at all from it. It smells like a very plain leather to my nose. Isn't there a Narciso Rodriguez fragrance that is supposed to smell like coke?

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

no love for Ford huh...? lol.

IMO the counter setups, service and bottles etc are all top notch. Classy to the max. Sure it's a pretty big lineup but within that... Tobacco Vanille's had huge success and has started massive dialogue. IMO it's not groundbreaking artistically but it's a solid frag. AA is a little heavy handed but it's a solid Amber (the Ambre Soie is a nice alternative. I'm not sure it's 'better', just different). Tuscan leather isn't my cup of tea but many love it.... shall I go on?

GreenFrog loves the Patchouli and I'm starting to really like Japon Noire and Noir de Noire...

all that being said, would I buy full bottles at retail? no. But for $120-130 online, that's pretty reasonably priced for sure and actually the only reason I wouldn't is that their 4ml samples go so far that I've got 3-5 of the few I like and that's all the juice I'll ever need.

Today I'm making decants for the box round #3 and some swaps, so I've got on spritzes of Kyoto and Casswell-Massey Sandalwood plus a dab of Racine. all new acquisitions.

I don't recall ever claiming to love the patchouli. I don't even own it or have tried it!

6. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Having never snorted cocaine, I don't know... But back in the day... I have snorted other drugs, I can attest that it does remind me of snorting drugs. It gives me the same tingle when I smell it.

I love the smell. I think I may have found a signature scent... I hear other people find it offensive. I'll wear it and see!

7. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

I don't get that at all from it. It smells like a very plain leather to my nose. Isn't there a Narciso Rodriguez fragrance that is supposed to smell like coke?

I read that Molinard HABANITA is supposed to smell like coke.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I don't recall ever claiming to love the patchouli. I don't even own it or have tried it!

oops, meant L'Incandescent.

9. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Yesterday - Cartier Declaration (from a sample)

Today - Patou pour Homme (from a 25-year-old bottle of the stuff - it never dies)

(It's cold in NYC - one can wear hefty scents in the cold . . .)

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Do saks/neiman give out free samples? I'm not looking to stock up on samples so I don't have to shell out coin, but I'd much rather smell as many samples as possible and pick up some larger decants of the frags I like the most out of the TF line.

I already have TV, but I'm really interested in tuscan leather, moss breches, noir de noir, and one other, but I can' remember. So that's a total of 4 scents. Do you think the SAs would be willing to let me spritz on each of them, or better yet, give me a sample of each?

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I don't know where you live, but at the Neiman Marcus stores I visit most frequently (STL and Austin), they only have one or two of the Private Blends in stock, and they don't have testers for any of them. When I was at the NM in Chicago, though, they were more than happy to let my try all of them. So I think it'll just depend on how good a NM or Saks you have in your area.

I've never gotten any samples of the TF Private Blends from NM or Saks, but I didn't ask either.

Moss Breches has recently been discontinued, so I'm guessing you'll be less likely to be able to try it at NM or Saks. Same for Purple Patchouli, which you should really try, IMHO. (I feel like I'm the St. Paul of Purple Patchouli, spreading the gospel to all who will listen, and to some who will not!)

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Neiman Marcus doesn't really carry the line. Even most Saks don't carry them all. You need to find a Nordstrom that does. My local store carries everything that's not discontinued, including the "white" bottles. If you guys ever need anything I can proxy.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Quick question guys: Looks like my FM split has filled so I'm off to order the supplies. I usually go with AccessoriesForFragrances on eBay but I was thinking of trying something new. Best Bottles requires a $50 minimum order so they're out. Any other suggestions for a small order?

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

thanks for the responses guys

15. rioni

rioni Senior member

Today it's Amouage Epic