• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSCF6932.jpg
DSCF6934.jpg

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
Dude ... lurk more!! Others are posting pics and staying involved while you just sit in the gallery nitpicking and talking isht. Or post some pics to back up your "astute" sense of style.
I never said I have an "astute" sense of style. This thread is for offering both compliments and criticisms of daily outfits; of which I offer both. Almost every single post I make either has or is a compliment, and if people didn't want any criticisms then they wouldn't post here. Just because I don't post pictures and my post count isn't high doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Also, you've constructed a nice straw man argument by just quoting my criticisms and not my compliments, but next time I would appreciate my quotes not being taken out of context.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spitfirees20
I never said I have an "astute" sense of style. This thread is for offering both compliments and criticisms of daily outfits; of which I offer both. Almost every single post I make either has or is a compliment, and if people didn't want any criticisms then they wouldn't post here. Just because I don't post pictures and my post count isn't high doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Also, you've constructed a nice straw man argument by just quoting my criticisms and not my compliments, but next time I would appreciate my quotes not being taken out of context.

How did you conclude that WSandford's pocket square/fold should never be worn again? I mean, its a damn pocket square stuffed in his pocket.

Anway, do you ...

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
How did you conclude that WSandford's pocket square/fold should never be worn again? I mean, its a damn pocket square stuffed in his pocket.

Anway, do you ...

Just the fold; I think there's too much material showing, and points that are showing like that say "hey, I don't usually wear pocket squares". Obviously, others agree with me: http://tweedinthecity.wordpress.com/...square-theory/

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some dimly lit pics for the stripe challenge.

I swear this usually shows cuff (running back to get into "position" leaves one disheveled, lol)

standinge.jpg

Thought a striped tie would be too much (even though dawg pulled off the look on his blog)

closeupe.jpg

70224128.jpg

shoestop.jpg

Colour is somwhere between these two pics.

shoeside.jpg

To protect the Vash.

swims.jpg

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loathsome quality iPhone pic, but given SF's lack of love for the black suit, not sure it's going to matter much. Entry #2 to WAYWRN for me. Will use the Nikon for more SF-friendly content in the future.
waywrn2.JPG

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
As for your posting of yesterday, were you to wear your hat with any more insouciance, you'd be less Fred Astaire, and veering dangerously into the territory of Rosalind Russell.

Glad you got the purple memo today
laugh.gif
but I was not wearing a hat yesterday... or any other day for that matter. Perhaps you are confusing me with Spoozy?
uhoh.gif
big difference there....

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad, Spoo-Meister, though the comment in re: Spoozy's hat I stand by
smile.gif

I'm a newbie here - I get confused easily . . . .

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Glad you got the purple memo today
laugh.gif
but I was not wearing a hat yesterday... or any other day for that matter. Perhaps you are confusing me with Spoozy?
uhoh.gif
big difference there....

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you are confusing me with Spoozy?
uhoh.gif
big difference there....

That's true, he has style.................................
smile.gif

D Yizz

Reaction score
Razzzzle Dazzzzzle...
c21df8d3.jpg

Nice combining of purple with the stray toy under the sofa.
laugh.gif
Give me those cufflinks!!!!!!
devil.gif
I was going to resurrect a brown pinstriped suit for today's challenge, but my tailor couldn't finish the adjustments in time.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wsanford-shanghai
It's already Friday in Shanghai, so I thought I'd get a jump on the "Friday Stripes Challenge". This is my first "What are you wearing..." post. Please let me know what you think.

WS-WAYWT-01-14-11-Stripes.jpg

Welcome aboard. Nice way to start!

Originally Posted by NOBD
waywrnstripes.jpg

The Sultan of Soporific strikes again!

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Houston is calling it Linen Friday
110114-6.jpg

110114-81.jpg

You know, I despise the heat. However, after 5 solid days of freezing my balls off to take WAYWRN shots, this pick makes me long for the spring. Now, if it would only stay in the '70s in NOLA, my life would be complete. I dig this, G.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
P1020493591x1280.jpg

I just think there is way too much purple going on here, UprCrst. For the record, I really don't like purple...but I can handle it in small doses. This is like a grape explosion.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Orgetorix
DSCF6932.jpg

I am not sure how I feel about this. I like the suit, I like the shirt. I like the tie. I don't know if I like them all together. Also, are you trying to weasel in on my monopoly on emblamatics??
boxing[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Philip1978
Some dimly lit pics for the stripe challenge.

standinge.jpg

Phil, I can't tell **** about what is going on here. Sorry, man. It is so dark, all I can see is the divots in silhoutte.

Razzzzle Dazzzzzle...

c21df8d3.jpg

Great suit. I will even give you a pass on the purple tie. Looking good Spoo.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
110114-6.jpg

I can't put my finger on the exact issue but it looks like the front balance is off on this jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads