• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samurai lovers

madmadigan

Reaction score
Wow, weird the the S0500 is considered mid rise. I had to sell my S0500 size 40, becuase I found the rise too low. The FR measured 11" after several soaks, on a size 40 Waist, doesn't that seem low, or is it just me?

Better stick with the S510 for future purchases than. Thanks for the info

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Wow, weird the the S0500 is considered mid rise. I had to sell my S0500 size 40, becuase I found the rise too low. The FR measured 11" after several soaks, on a size 40 Waist, doesn't that seem low, or is it just me?

Better stick with the S510 for future purchases than. Thanks for the info

that does seem a tad low for a size 40 ... it should be like 12" according to the big chart. but 11" is right on the border but is still a mid-rise. have you tried the 5000s?

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
from my expierence S5000 has a lower rise than S0500. S3000 on the other hand would feature the same 17oz denim but has a significant higher rise and gives more room in the thighs. my S500JX-LR after one week of light wear. Fit gets better and better
09012011.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK
Samurai S5000VX24oz confirmed by Samurai. Release around June

so in your experience do the 21oz+ stretch the same amount as there 15-19oz models. im thinking about the 21oz reg fit and wanted to get your thought on the stretching of the heavy/heavy samurai's.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
so in your experience do the 21oz+ stretch the same amount as there 15-19oz models. im thinking about the 21oz reg fit and wanted to get your thought on the stretching of the heavy/heavy samurai's.

well the stretching on the VX denim is crazy as we all know. the 19oz also is very stretchy.

the 21oz denim also stretches a decent amount. waistwise back to raw measurements but that is the case with almost all denim. as I have the 510 cut, there's no need for much stretching on my pair. but the waist is back at 34" (tagged 34 and 34" when raw)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
well the stretching on the VX denim is crazy as we all know. the 19oz also is very stretchy.

the 21oz denim also stretches a decent amount. waistwise back to raw measurements but that is the case with almost all denim. as I have the 510 cut, there's no need for much stretching on my pair. but the waist is back at 34" (tagged 34 and 34" when raw)

okay thanks. yeah, both of my 710s stretched 2" in the waist but only 1/4-1/2" elsewhere in the cut. i think as long as you get the upper-thigh right in samurais the rest will follow, at least that what ive experienced.

ive always wanted a pair of the heavy samurai's so thanks for the help.

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
that's also my experience. stretching in the legs is hard to get and if necessary, the jeans are to tight or the cut not for your build.
if you know how to size a S5000VX, wait for the 24oz version. and as you a regular custome at BiG you can try them out before buying :)

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that's also my experience. stretching in the legs is hard to get and if necessary, the jeans are to tight or the cut not for your build. if you know how to size a S5000VX, wait for the 24oz version. and as you a regular custome at BiG you can try them out before buying :)
thats a good idea. you say in june right? so will it be like their 24 lht that get to 27oz after a wash? yup ... big's my favorite place
smile.gif

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
it will be the same denim as the one they used on their first 24oz pair. so 24/27oz RHT denim.
and yes, around June.

can't wait for it

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is BIG the only place to get samurai in north america?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i love samurai denims but i wish they would make at least one mod cut with a low rise (9 or lower) and skinny top block and thighs, like skull or somet do.
they make or at least made a model called the s0610lx that was a low-rise although note quite as low as some of the somet cuts. but i know what you mean, it would be nice to see a couple low-rise samurai models. maybe e-mail big and see if they plan to do anything with samurai in terms of a low-rise collab or if samurai is still making the 610 cut. bf ... do you know if they still make this cut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads