1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Samurai lovers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sho'nuff, Dec 2, 2008.

1. themidship22

themidship22 Senior member

I got the 710xx's.

I may have a different definition of streaky I guess. They just seem to have a lot of white running down them which is some of the first denim I've had look like this. I guess it's just the weft shows prominetly.

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I got the 710xx's. I may have a different definition of streaky I guess. They just seem to have a lot of white running down them which is some of the first denim I've had look like this. I guess it's just the weft shows prominetly.
    oh okay ... yeah, that makes sense [​IMG] the 710xx denim and cut is about as good as it gets so im sure you will love them. samurai goes WAY above an beyond when it comes to details! its totally normal for them to be tight after a wash/soak but as long as they fit well in the upper-thigh you will be good to go ... the waist will stretch out accordingly so dont worry to much about that. post pics when you can.

3. beautiful_FrEaK

beautiful_FrEaK Senior member

the heavier denim is streaky but less slubby compared to the Texas Cotton, Zero denim and 19oz denim.

4. Biff

Biff Senior member

I got the 710xx's.

I may have a different definition of streaky I guess. They just seem to have a lot of white running down them which is some of the first denim I've had look like this. I guess it's just the weft shows prominetly.

...good stuff, indeed... after about 2 years of admiring other peeps' pairs, finally caved and got me a pair last month... can't stop staring at them after I take them off and hang them...[​IMG]

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

...good stuff, indeed... after about 2 years of admiring other peeps' pairs, finally caved and got me a pair last month... can't stop staring at them after I take them off and hang them...[​IMG]

That's cool, Biff, glad to hear that you were finally able to get a pair.

6. Biff

Biff Senior member

That's cool, Biff, glad to hear that you were finally able to get a pair.

Yep... sure did... But only after doing my research and consulting all of you guys in the know like a true SFer... [​IMG]

7. beautiful_FrEaK

Came today. [​IMG] The last pair I could find with the old arcs&tab in my size from a regular shop. It's Lot.12 and size 34x36. Pre-soak measurements: waist: 34,5" * front rise: 12" back rise: 16" thigh: 14" knee: 10,25" leg opening: 9,25" inseam: 38,5" *note: the Lot.# means shit. Get the guys to measure your pair or just deal with it Leather patches is one of the biggest I have on my Samurais and the one with the cleanest surface. Looks almost artificial [​IMG] Colorful flasher [​IMG] As I said, with the old contrats arcs [​IMG] [​IMG] Pre-soak fit pic [​IMG] These will be stored in my closet for a long time

8. themidship22

themidship22 Senior member

That sounds a lot like me. I have considered Samurai's to be my Grail for awhile and I finally got a pair and they exceed everything I could have imagined.

Biff I do the sam thing! Or i'll be sitting in class and just be staring at the denim. Taking in every nuisance in the denim. I can't get enough of them. My gf makes fun of me!

Flaws are what make things perfect. That's why I like my denim like I like my women.

9. whatever123

That sounds a lot like me. I have considered Samurai's to be my Grail for awhile and I finally got a pair and they exceed everything I could have imagined.

Biff I do the sam thing! Or i'll be sitting in class and just be staring at the denim. Taking in every nuisance in the denim. I can't get enough of them. My gf makes fun of me!

Flaws are what make things perfect. That's why I like my denim like I like my women.

lol, thats awesome. i often stare at my samurais as well ... im glad im not the only one.

most people dont understand why we are obsessed until they actually handle them in person. dont be surprised if you have bitches asking you where you got your jeans in your partial differential equation (pde) class ... its really strange [​IMG]

10. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

I'm with you, Wabi Sabi and all that good Sir.

11. whatever123

hey bf ... how many pairs of samurai do you have? 8 or so?

12. Biff

Biff Senior member

This is the truth... flaws are what add character... for both of those [​IMG]

13. beautiful_FrEaK

9 at the moment. I was asked today to take a pic. I'll share it with you. [​IMG] No.9 is the contest pair and I wore it while taking the pic I recently sold my S0500XX and S710XX to get both in one size bigger. The S0500XX are already on its way from Canada (hopefully)

14. whatever123

9 at the moment. I was asked today to take a pic. I'll share it with you. [​IMG] No.9 is the contest pair and I wore it while taking the pic I recently sold my S0500XX and S710XX to get both in one size bigger. The S0500XX are already on its way from Canada (hopefully)
    haha, thats awesome! i didnt know you had a pair of blk 5000s. at least that is what they look like.

15. beautiful_FrEaK

yes, it's the S5000BK. A really nice and crispy pair. Really like it.

16. beautiful_FrEaK

Alright, I first soaked in teh tub and then washed my new S0510XX in the machine (40°C, no detergent, some salt) and here are the results

S0510XX 34x36 Lot.12
    (pre - post)

waist: 34,5" - 32"
    front rise: 12" - 11,25"
    back rise: 16" - 15,5"
    thigh: 14" - 13,5"
    knee: 10,25" - 9,875"
    leg opening: 9,25" - 8,75"
    inseam: 38,5" - 36,5"

I ironed them afterwards. Again unwanted fadings with the wash. This was really the last time I will soak my jeans this way. Nothing serious but it annoys me.
    Put them on and no problems buttoning them up. So it's fine.

[​IMG]

17. whatever123

bf: did those really shrink down to 32" in the waist? that is so tight but they look to have stretched out nicely.

i never thought to use salt with a wash ... thats not a bad idea.

18. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

I ironed them afterwards. Again unwanted fadings with the wash. This was really the last time I will soak my jeans this way. Nothing serious but it annoys me.
    Tilmann, I agree with you. All those scratches and creases that the machine puts in the denim annoy me, so I've only been soaking and hand washing lately. Eventually, I'll do a machine wash, but not on a newer pair of jeans again. I finally did my second soak on those contest S0500JX-LRs. The baby's been under the weather the last couple of weeks and vomited on them, so it was more of a hand wash than a soak. Fit is just about perfect now, I'll post up some fit pics when I can convince my wife to take them.

19. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

One month update on my S710XXs. After sizing down one and fearing initially they'd never fit, I think they've stretched out perfectly for a fit that doesn't require a belt on the waist to keep them where I want them, which is nice. [​IMG]

20. whatever123

One month update on my S710XXs. [​IMG]
    i think they look fantastic. i have the same issue with my indigo 710s ... im usually a 34 but sized to a 33 in my indigo 710s. i will post some pics later to get your opinion. in the meantime, here are some nice close-ups of the 710xx denim. I havent worn these at all ... working on several other projects at the moment. [​IMG] this is close to the actual color of the demnim [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]