Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Samurai lovers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sho'nuff, Dec 2, 2008.

1. beautiful_FrEaK

beautiful_FrEaK Senior Member

S0500 is mid rise, S5000 is low rise S0510 is high rise.

2. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior Member

Wow, weird the the S0500 is considered mid rise. I had to sell my S0500 size 40, becuase I found the rise too low. The FR measured 11" after several soaks, on a size 40 Waist, doesn't that seem low, or is it just me?

Better stick with the S510 for future purchases than. Thanks for the info

3. whatever123

whatever123 Distinguished Member

Wow, weird the the S0500 is considered mid rise. I had to sell my S0500 size 40, becuase I found the rise too low. The FR measured 11" after several soaks, on a size 40 Waist, doesn't that seem low, or is it just me?

Better stick with the S510 for future purchases than. Thanks for the info

that does seem a tad low for a size 40 ... it should be like 12" according to the big chart. but 11" is right on the border but is still a mid-rise. have you tried the 5000s?

4. beautiful_FrEaK

from my expierence S5000 has a lower rise than S0500. S3000 on the other hand would feature the same 17oz denim but has a significant higher rise and gives more room in the thighs. my S500JX-LR after one week of light wear. Fit gets better and better [​IMG]

5. whatever123

Samurai S5000VX24oz confirmed by Samurai. Release around June

so in your experience do the 21oz+ stretch the same amount as there 15-19oz models. im thinking about the 21oz reg fit and wanted to get your thought on the stretching of the heavy/heavy samurai's.

6. whatever123

[​IMG]
    that a nice fit bf. i cant wait to see the top-block fades on those.

7. beautiful_FrEaK

so in your experience do the 21oz+ stretch the same amount as there 15-19oz models. im thinking about the 21oz reg fit and wanted to get your thought on the stretching of the heavy/heavy samurai's.

well the stretching on the VX denim is crazy as we all know. the 19oz also is very stretchy.

the 21oz denim also stretches a decent amount. waistwise back to raw measurements but that is the case with almost all denim. as I have the 510 cut, there's no need for much stretching on my pair. but the waist is back at 34" (tagged 34 and 34" when raw)

8. whatever123

well the stretching on the VX denim is crazy as we all know. the 19oz also is very stretchy.

the 21oz denim also stretches a decent amount. waistwise back to raw measurements but that is the case with almost all denim. as I have the 510 cut, there's no need for much stretching on my pair. but the waist is back at 34" (tagged 34 and 34" when raw)

okay thanks. yeah, both of my 710s stretched 2" in the waist but only 1/4-1/2" elsewhere in the cut. i think as long as you get the upper-thigh right in samurais the rest will follow, at least that what ive experienced.

ive always wanted a pair of the heavy samurai's so thanks for the help.

9. beautiful_FrEaK

that's also my experience. stretching in the legs is hard to get and if necessary, the jeans are to tight or the cut not for your build.
    if you know how to size a S5000VX, wait for the 24oz version. and as you a regular custome at BiG you can try them out before buying :)

10. whatever123

that's also my experience. stretching in the legs is hard to get and if necessary, the jeans are to tight or the cut not for your build. if you know how to size a S5000VX, wait for the 24oz version. and as you a regular custome at BiG you can try them out before buying :)
    thats a good idea. you say in june right? so will it be like their 24 lht that get to 27oz after a wash? yup ... big's my favorite place [​IMG]

11. beautiful_FrEaK

it will be the same denim as the one they used on their first 24oz pair. so 24/27oz RHT denim.
    and yes, around June.

can't wait for it

12. jaychiz

jaychiz Distinguished Member

is BIG the only place to get samurai in north america?

13. beautiful_FrEaK

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i love samurai denims but i wish they would make at least one mod cut with a low rise (9 or lower) and skinny top block and thighs, like skull or somet do.

15. whatever123

i love samurai denims but i wish they would make at least one mod cut with a low rise (9 or lower) and skinny top block and thighs, like skull or somet do.
    they make or at least made a model called the s0610lx that was a low-rise although note quite as low as some of the somet cuts. but i know what you mean, it would be nice to see a couple low-rise samurai models. maybe e-mail big and see if they plan to do anything with samurai in terms of a low-rise collab or if samurai is still making the 610 cut. bf ... do you know if they still make this cut?