Samurai lovers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sho'nuff, Dec 2, 2008.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

sorry, commodore beat me to it.

2. jaychiz

jaychiz Senior member

anyone have both naked and famous weird guys and samurai 700xx? what sizes do you wear in both? i've got 30's in weird guys and am looking for accurate sizing in sam's

3. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

anyone have both naked and famous weird guys and samurai 700xx? what sizes do you wear in both? i've got 30's in weird guys and am looking for accurate sizing in sam's

I'm assuming you mean the 710, Samurai doesn't have a 700 model. If you are a 30 in Weird Guys, you will probably be a 32 in the 710, depending on how the Weird Guys fit you right now and how you want the Sams to fit. Be aware that the 710 is a looser cut than the Weird Guys, my sizing advice is based on getting the waist to fit you properly. If you want to size down for a slimmer fit, that should be difficult but possible.

4. whatever123

yup. what commodore said. you will be a 31 or 32 depending on the fit you want. what i would do is measure your n&f wgs (assuming you like the fit - and using the big method) and use that as a starting point. a size 31 710xx raw will measure ~ 32" in the waist. if you do a cold wash they will shrink down to a 31 in the waist. if you do a hot wash you can get them down to 30.5-30.75 in the waist. you will get anywhere from 1" to 1.5" in stretching once they settle. so, say you go with a size 31 and you do a hot wash they will likely rest at 32" - 32.25" inch in the waist after they rest and you stretch them out. rarely will you find your samurai's to stretch beyond their raw measurement (unless you really went down several sizes) so keep that in mind as well. in both of my pairs i got about 1/2 shrinkage in all of the other areas except the inseam and waist. you need to pay special attention to the upper-thigh measurement on the 710xx too. have fun and enjoy ... the 710xx is one of the most amazing jeans your ass will ever be in.

5. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

anyone know where to cop some samurais here in socal?

6. whatever123

no, but you can in nyc and they will have your order to you in two days! all of my stuff comes in exactly two days from my order but im this fucking utah shit hole.

7. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

no, but you can in nyc and they will have your order to you in two days! all of my stuff comes in exactly two days from my order but im this fucking utah shit hole.

lol my LL Beans were late 2 days because Utah had some shitty weather! Well then if that's the case, I will be making a trip to NYC this year sometime

8. whatever123

lol my LL Beans were late 2 days because Utah had some shitty weather! Well then if that's the case, I will be making a trip to NYC this year sometime
    lol, it must have been recently. the past two days have made me suicidal here. its freezing cold and there is shit high snow everywhere. its a joke. people wearing magic underwear, its freezing cold, and snow everywhere ... its the time of my life!

9. phaseshift

phaseshift Senior member

lol, it must have been recently. the past two days have made me suicidal here. its freezing cold and there is shit high snow everywhere. its a joke. people wearing magic underwear, its freezing cold, and snow everywhere ... its the time of my life!

it's been raining here too, I love it when it rains in So Cal, that's when the peacoat comes out and puts the new LL Beans to use. Wish it snowed here...then again i've never experienced snow which leads me to believe that I would wear the magic underwear too haha

10. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

There is only one retailer for Samurai in the US, and like whatever123 said, they are in NYC. I'm sure there are some people in SoCal willing to sell you a pair at a lower-than-retail price if you don't mind pre-owned denim, though.

it's been raining here too, I love it when it rains in So Cal, that's when the peacoat comes out and puts the new LL Beans to use. Wish it snowed here...then again i've never experienced snow which leads me to believe that I would wear the magic underwear too haha

Trust me, if you've lived where it snows before, you wouldn't be saying that. Snow is the thing I miss least about living in NYC, and we didn't even get much there.

11. beautiful_FrEaK

beautiful_FrEaK Senior member

Fit pics of my new S500JX-LR after one day of wear [​IMG]

12. Aries83

Aries83 Senior member

13. whatever123

these people wear the magic underwear year round man. they love the shit here.

14. beautiful_FrEaK

beautiful_FrEaK Senior member

Samurai S5000VX24oz confirmed by Samurai. Release around June

15. madmadigan

madmadigan Senior member

Could someone help clarify something for me, what's the difference between these three cuts.

S5000

S0500

S510

If I found the S0500 to be to low rise for me, would I like the S5000, or is the rise similar, and I should go with S510/Regular Straight Fit.

Thanks for the help!