• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
So, did you send them back? Or are they hanging in your closet right now, the need for higher rised jeans being temporarily?
no, i sent them back. i love the momotaro stuff, its just that i tend to prefer a mid-rise jean lately for whatever reason, maybe im weird - i dont know. but i am going to ny in janurary and i will be getting a pair of momotaros, although im not sure which cut, when i can easily try them on. you really have little room for error on these.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
no, i sent them back.

i love the momotaro stuff, its just that i tend to prefer a mid-rise jean lately for whatever reason, maybe im weird - i dont know.

Why don't you get a pair of Vintage Label 0201, or some staight Copper Labels then (G003/G004)?

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
Why don't you get a pair of Vintage Label 0201, or some staight Copper Labels then (G003/G004)?
yeah, thats good advice. i was thinking about getting the 0201s but i am going to wait until i can try them on. shouldnt be to much longer. im heading to nyc next month.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, thats good advice. i was thinking about getting the 0201s but i am going to wait until i can try them on. shouldnt be to much longer. im heading to nyc next month.

I have a pair also, and though I thought the difference in rise wasn't really noticable, it sure is! The topblock on my One Wash Copper Labels is really tight (though not Boa Constrictor like) and the rise is low, not Somet territory... But close.

On the other hand, my 0201 are a lot more forgiving in the topblock. I can wear them without a belt and the rise is indeed a tad higher, without being a real " high rised" jean. Mid rise is the perfect description I guess. Super comfortable to wear. I probably could have sized down one on these, but I got these from a store where I tried them on. The fit after soak was good, some minor flaring going on on the back, but these haven't seen the washing machine yet, so probably going to shrink some more.

Given the fact my 0201 are a comfortable fit, I decided, after measuring a couple of pairs that I needed a size down on the G007's. With some minor stretching these will be perfect.

Most of the time I wear my 0201's now, because they start to break in nicely, forming creases on the lap etc. Also some fading going on allready. Once they take off I will start mixing the G007's in more. They are now just for the weekends.

eternaldrake

Reaction score
i was thinking about getting some vintage label 701s or the 0705bigs if context doesnt get a restock. im guessing both the raw and OW of these fit tts? anyone care to comment on differences in between the fit of the two

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
i was thinking about getting some vintage label 701s or the 0705bigs if context doesnt get a restock. im guessing both the raw and OW of these fit tts? anyone care to comment on differences in between the fit of the two

I've owned 701s before, I would say that they fit TTS. I've never had the 705 BIGs, but I've heard that the OW fit TTS and the raws run about a size small, so you may need to size up one on the raws.

pistolero

Reaction score
I have both the 0701 momotaro x context grand indigo and the 0705SP. I went with the same tagged size in both (34), however the 0701MCXX is "partially sanforized", so I imagine won't shrink as much as the raw 0701. Generally speaking the 0701 cut is roomier in the top block; I have skinny legs/thighs so probably could have sized down 1 in that cut, but I really like how they fit. Roomier than I'm used to, but they don't look it.

My 0705SP is really snug, I'm still in the painful break-in phase but I think they'll work. IMO that cut works best for those with skinny legs.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Momo 0201, 2,5 months aprox.

29uouux.jpg

i1zpde.jpg

dg2zat.jpg

2s12df9.jpg

altemp

Reaction score
Combings looking real nice. Looks like they will start to really break in a couple more months.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp
Combings looking real nice. Looks like they will start to really break in a couple more months.

I looked at my pair today and notice it made a jump in speed, regarding the break in process. The proces really accelerated, at least in my eyes. Whiskers getting more pronounced each day I wear them, and the honeycombs (when laid flat) have this real nice harmonica structure and even start to fade a bit.

Some more fading going on on the seams, most noticable in the seat area. So I'll just keept wearing these and postphone the break in proces for the G007's. Might post a new update in a month or so.

By the way, this thread needs more love! Hit me up with some evo or fitpics. A brief status update on wearers on the forum would suffice too, haha.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
which ones did u pick up?
BIG 0705s ... again. im going to make them work! we were suppose to go to ny this month and i was going to wait to get a pair until i could try them all one but we put off our trip until march.

eternaldrake

Reaction score
BIG 0705s ... again. im going to make them work!

we were suppose to go to ny this month and i was going to wait to get a pair until i could try them all one but we put off our trip until march.

nice. im waiting on a restock of the size 30 OW of that model to get restocked then, big said it wont be until like march though

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eternaldrake
nice. im waiting on a restock of the size 30 OW of that model to get restocked then, big said it wont be until like march though
so is the big 0705 going to be on their stocklist? that would be so cool. its a shame you cant do a 29 of 31 ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads