• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

nemo

Reaction score
Hehe. That's why I sized down on mine, even though I can wear either. Thankfully not much of weather out here in LA so don't have to layer up much.

nemo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
I own one and I didnt size down cause of how wide my chest is but god is the midsection HUGE on mine.

Speaking of which, what kind of wax did you get? Was it Belstaff or Quoddy? Would love to see the results if you get a chance to post some photos.

galenpriv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bond111
Nice to see another Iowa native on here.

I made 4 phone calls, first to local store, lady said they can only accept returns/exchanges through approval of catalog/online, and have to note it on my account. Called catalog and explained the situation to a gentlemen, he said all he could do was check stores and they would let me know in 24-48 hours, and just ship me one, but couldn't return it since it wasn't sold online or in the catalog anymore.

Then called back to my store, talked to the manager on duty, she told me to call the Mich. ave store and see if they would send me one. MOD @ the Mich Ave store didn't have any, and said to call catalog back to have them check stock @ the stores, since they have the ability to do it through their computers. Everyone has been nice, but I'm striking out here.

So I'm kinda stuck right now. Sucks b/c my other coats fit perfect in a small.

*Update* just did an online chat, they said all stores are sold out in xs.

Why can't you return the size S in the store? They allow any online/catalog returns. Or, did you purchase it on final sale? Sounds like the gentleman from the catalog did a we'll find it for you, though.

Bond111

Reaction score
^^It was part of the final sale. Did a chat online, and the person said they are sold out in retail stores now.

Anyone want to buy it from me?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Need your help on this guys - I was in the store today and saw a new (associate said it came in yesterday) beige CPO looking jacket for $130 or so but I didn't write down the damn item number. Its not online. Anybody know what the one I'm talking about? I want to try and find it in my size locally. Thanks.
Anybody?

cez

Reaction score
It's been a while since i copped anything from jcrew but i was in the mall today and decided to see what j.crew had in their clearance rack, lo and behold i found that same exact shirt i had just been looking at last week marked down to 29.99, originally $69.90. The only size left was a small, which fit me perfectly. Better yet when i took it to the register **** was marked down additionally. i only paid $25 for it. LOL, best of all it's still list on their site for $69.90. So glad i waited to pull the trigger. Sometimes it pays to wait. The shirt was originally black and red but it has been sun-faded so it now looks grey and pink.
5308455554_74a41eb966_b.jpg
Rambo, I have not left the mall yet and can stop back in before i head to check on that item for you.

nemo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by URALLMORONS
XS Woodland up on the webpage!!!

Hmm. You are right, XS! Makes one wonder why they told Bond111 what they did. But then I was told the same thing when I was looking for my XS, had to call each local stores to find mine. they really need to pony up for a better inventory system.

Bond111

Reaction score
I was checking online late last night and into early morning hoping it would pop back up. Thankfully I was up @ 6ish and happened to look. Pretty crappy that they told me early evening that it wouldn't be sold online anymore. Called right away when I noticed xs on there. Lady said it was fine to exchange it!!! I was pretty bummed last night but good thing for being persistant. Now to try and return my small @ the store so I don't have to pay to ship it and wait forever for credit.

phaseshift

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cowsareforeating
at local jcrew university coat 40% off 179.99... in xs. too bad fit is inferior to langham
what do you mean inferior to langham? I want to try on the University Coat tomorrow

nemo

Reaction score
The wool on the Langham seems to be a much better weave, the nap is very clean and smooth, looks like it won't have a problem odd creases and pilling in the long run.

phaseshift

Reaction score
ive been trying to find a wool jacket all over the place today and can't justify spending over 250+ on one. Went over to nordstrom...I don't know why I didn't stop over at J crew. I went to Zara, H&M, Diesel, other stores and could not find the perfect one. I want one that's not too long, I'm 5'9 I'd like for it to sit just below my waist...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads