• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OneTrouser

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you add zips just below the knee so they can transform from formal dress winter hiking trouser to casual summer hipster shorts? Also, can they be reversible with reflective tape down the sides when riding bicycles or unicorns at night? Also, also, can you add a GPS tag in there so Scott Schuman can discover you and your unique taste for reflective reversible trackable summer winter hipster shortrousers???

Coffee is good.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I wear suits most days. I would probably wear them everyday if I had more suits.

What? I was under the impression you always wore gray flannel pants, blue OCBD, one of your three or so tweed jackets for your job.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBugatti
We're talking about Foo here. Most SFers would not be happy with a OneShoe or a OneTrou for your stated, above reason. But if you're Foo, why not get a multiple versions of a beautifully tailored suit in a magnificent fabric so you always look great, and feel great, with no guess work?

If that's what works for you but...

variety.jpg

I stll advocate for the OneTattoo, eliminating the need to dress at all.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is such an odd concept. I think I would garner more attention from my co-workers if I wore an identical pair of pants every day, than if I wore clown pants once a week. People notice repetition....at least in my experience.

Mike

D Yizz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
People notice repetition....at least in my experience. Mike
Yup. Over here, the "uniform" look is particularly indicative of female government employees.
laugh.gif
Years ago I used a similar approach when I found a trouser or shirt I liked, but instead of buying 5 of the same color, I bought all colors available.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe you should wait until your pants have stopped shrinking for a while before buying more.

Sterling Gillette

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This is such an odd concept. I think I would garner more attention from my co-workers if I wore an identical pair of pants every day, than if I wore clown pants once a week. People notice repetition....at least in my experience.

Mike

Repetition in clothing tends to get noticed with loud items. I highly doubt the NewOneTrouser (NOT) will be such an item.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nobody notices. Anyway, I wouldn't really care if they did.

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Nobody notices. Anyway, I wouldn't really care if they did.

I agree -- I rotated 2 pairs of trousers (mid grey and charcoal) for a year and no one said a word.

Strange

Reaction score
Madame Paulette shrunk two pairs of my Ambrosi/Woodhouse pants so I need new odd trousers. Woodhouse and its whipcord are no more. So, I have a new OneTrouser planned. Five pairs. Same cloth, same color. That is all.

This is actually a great idea.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke
I agree -- I rotated 2 pairs of trousers (mid grey and charcoal) for a year and no one said a word.

They might not have said anything, perhaps because of manners, but people do notice. I know I would be thinking what a smelly tramp someone must be, to say nothing of boring, if they appear to be wearing the same pair of strides every day for months at a time. I had a schoolmteacher who had two black DB suits, one with white pin stripes and one with red, and that was all anyone ever saw him wear for decades. He rode a bike to school every day too, in rain, snow, slush, heat, smog ... Tramp!

srivats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you choose on one particular shade of grey? Wouldn't it make more sense to get trousers made in a few shades of grey, spanning from light to dark, without going to the extremes of charcoal or very light grey? They'd still be all grey, but it would be a subtle variety in your clothes that fits well with your philosophy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads