OneTrouser

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Senior member

Double pleats, yes.

The OneTrouser, like the OneShoe, will not be absolute. I will need other trousers, too. Perhaps I'll wind up with a winter OneTrouser and a summer OneTrouser.

You actually stray from the OneShoe? Really? When was this?

2. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

Can't the same, or should, be said of shirts and shoes?

I like to have a variety of striped and checked shirts. Not guido stripes, but tasteful stripes from thomas mason, DJA, etc. Also I like to mix in some pink/lavender with my blues.

With shoes, I like to have oxfords, derbies, monks, and boots for different situations.

3. BH1

BH1 Active Member

Madame Paulette shrunk two pairs of my Ambrosi/Woodhouse pants

I felt like MP was the ONE dry cleaner I could trust. This is truly upsetting.

[​IMG]

4. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Am i the only person on the forum that thought the Oneshoe was fucking awesome? [​IMG]

5. Lightbringer

I like to have a variety of striped and checked shirts. Not guido stripes, but tasteful stripes from thomas mason, DJA, etc. Also I like to mix in some pink/lavender with my blues.

With shoes, I like to have oxfords, derbies, monks, and boots for different situations.

I am considering a OneShirt or TwoShirts as we speak. I'm similarly considering a TwoShoes, but have yet to find a last that perfectly characterizes the shape I like. There is wisdom in this.

6. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

I am considering a OneShirt or TwoShirts as we speak. I'm similarly considering a TwoShoes, but have yet to find a last that perfectly characterizes the shape I like. There is wisdom in this.
    There is wisdom in this if you wear loudly patterned sportcoats to work. As it happens, I wear a suit or blazer or quiet sportcoat most of the time, and I prefer sober ties, so I use (subtly) patterned shirts to add some interest.

7. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

You actually stray from the OneShoe? Really? When was this?

A pair of black oxford is sometimes necessary or significantly more optimal.

That's all fine, but shirts still tend to act as backgrounds. When they don't, I tend to not like the outfit, but that's just me.

Am i the only person on the forum that thought the Oneshoe was fucking awesome?

[​IMG]

There are like three of us.

8. Lightbringer

There is wisdom in this if you wear loudly patterned sportcoats to work. As it happens, I wear a suit or blazer or quiet sportcoat most of the time, and I prefer sober ties, so I use (subtly) patterned shirts to add some interest.

Well, you generally choose several variables to fix and some to alter. You've basically narrowed your tie and suit/sportscoat set, though not quite to OneTie/OneSuit/OneSC level, but you basically see the idea.

9. mafoofan

Well, you generally choose several variables to fix and some to alter. You've basically narrowed your tie and suit/sportscoat set, though not quite to OneTie/OneSuit/OneSC level, but you basically see the idea.

This is more or less what I do. My shirts, shoes, and trousers are pretty much constant. Only the jackets and ties really change.

10. Lightbringer

A pair of black oxford is sometimes necessary or significantly more optimal.

Noted. And I guess then there's also formal events. But say I picked a OneShoe that is like a black oxford, not longwings as I recall yours are....

I honestly started contemplating defining my own OneShoe as well after I noticed that I basically wore two of my shoes all the time and barely wore the rest. It was an act of brilliance.

11. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

So you don't wear suits every day (I thought you might as a lawyer or whatever mutation your new job is). I was thinking (9 1/2 weeks style) that a well-chosen suit would serve you better--a OneSuit.

On a side note, it appears there's a disturbance in teh Styleforvm... Vox/F. Corbera are both pulsating in the cyberspace of this threak...

12. sellahi22

sellahi22 Senior member

Noted. And I guess then there's also formal events. But say I picked a OneShoe that is like a black oxford, not longwings as I recall yours are....

I honestly started contemplating defining my own OneShoe as well after I noticed that I basically wore two of my shoes all the time and barely wore the rest. It was an act of brilliance.

I think one needs a minimum of two shoes, a black oxford and some brown shoe. There are some situations when black is definitely too severe, and others when brown is definitely too informal.

13. mafoofan

So you don't wear suits every day (I thought you might as a lawyer or whatever mutation your new job is). I was thinking (9 1/2 weeks style) that a well-chosen suit would serve you better--a OneSuit.

I wear suits most days. I would probably wear them everyday if I had more suits.

14. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

How on earth did she manage that?

She allowed Foo one too many trips to the falafel stand.

15. moddey

moddey Well-Known Member

I picked up several pairs of Ambrosi trousers from my dry cleaners last week and noticed that the linings had all turned purple [​IMG]