1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

OneTrouser

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 13, 2010.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

They kept the shirts to make voodoo dolls of you.

Keep this in mind if you feel any sudden pain that is hard to explain.

But be careful, it could be testicular torsion.

2. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

I hope that TC tells that corn nut story, where he's eating corn nuts during a staff meeting.

He palms a mouthful, emptying thme into his mouth while a subordinate points one of those laser thingys at the projection screen, when [crack!] TC spits out a broken tooth in front of his staff.

When an astonished junior attorney yells out, "Oh my god, Mr. TC, doesn't that hurt?" TC deftly reaches into his mouth, yanks out his dentures, places them on the table, and responds calmly with a lisp, "Nope," and then drinks his Tab (left open earlier that morning at room temperature by TC's secretary so all the fizz is gone, the way he likes it the most.)

I think that I have that right. Corrections welcome.

Fixed.

3. banis

banis Senior member

Really? I don't even know how that's possible. I don't think he carries cloth from the merchant I used.
    I was choosing fabric and after I picked up one in the mid-gray color in 440 gms, we had some conversation. He told me that fabric that I have chosen ordered or is planning to order his very good friend Matt from the States in numerous amounts. That how it was. I know that fabric is made in England. I don't remember him saying what mill it is from. Salvatore is a nice guy, btw. I am having a fitting with him this Saturday.

4. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Not enough people cared about my wife's Genovese so I lost the spirit.

Fair enough, but have you actually seen what your sig links to?

5. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Getting back to the shrunken pants: perhaps [​IMG] can donate them to Cruz over at FNB.edu. The pants would have to be shortened further, but most good tailors are able to do this at reasonable cost. Just an idle thought since I am momentarily imbued with the spirit of Christmas.

6. George

George Senior member

Getting back to the shrunken pants: perhaps [​IMG] can donate them to Cruz over at FNB.edu. The pants would have to be shortened further, but most good tailors are able to do this at reasonable cost. Just an idle thought since I am momentarily imbued with the spirit of Christmas.
    Aye, Jacob Marley's spirit.

7. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

8. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. That's like me justifying why I have so many tweed trou.

[​IMG]

How many tweed trousers do you have?

Can you give us an early X-mas present by taking a group pic of all of them?....especially with you wearing one of them?

9. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Aye, Jacob Marley's spirit.
    One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster. He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!" After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!" Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence. I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.

10. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster.

He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!"

After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!"

Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence.

I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.

Is this before or after the vegan health feast?

11. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

I took the cloth home from the office tonight. My wife likes it.

12. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster.

He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!"

After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!"

Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence.

I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.

Good God Magnum!!! [​IMG]

I took the cloth home from the office tonight. My wife likes it.

How do you know? Was it awarded the Spoozy badge of reverence?

13. George

George Senior member

One holiday tradition that I like over there on Devil's Island is when some of the few remaining posters fly to Oz in December every year to gift a bathtub full of mid-stream urine to it's most frequent poster. He's led in to the washroom with the lights out. The lights are then raised, everyone zips or buttons up, and yells, "Surprise!" After much mirth and tears of joy, the recipient shouts, "Hey, mates...I only drink my own urine!" Guffaws and hijinx ensue...until the miner from the Outback arrives. Then there's gravelly violence. I assume that you are off the guest list for this, although being left off the Rubinacci London guest list can be a contra-indication.
    You need to learn to ration your talents, you're becoming jaded and over-exposed.

14. pabloj

pabloj Senior member

Why don't you send them to Jefferyd for an authopsy?

15. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

How many tweed trousers do you have?

Can you give us an early X-mas present by taking a group pic of all of them?....especially with you wearing one of them?

The wicket grows sticky when you try to define "tweed."

I have probably 10 pairs of odd trou that are unquestionably tweed. Thick, rustic, wonderfully warm tweed. But there are probably 10-15 more that are dressier and lighter weight that are tweedy but perhaps open to quibbles.

16. RSS

RSS Senior member

Madame Paulette shrunk two pairs of my Ambrosi/Woodhouse pants so I need new odd trousers. Woodhouse and its whipcord are no more. So, I have a new OneTrouser planned. Five pairs. Same cloth, same color. That is all.
    I often have five pairs made up in the same cloth ... 5x the charcoal, the mid-grey, the light-grey, the chocolate brown, the mid-brown ...

17. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

I often have five pairs made up in the same cloth ... 5x the charcoal, the mid-grey, the light-grey, the chocolate brown, the mid-brown ...

Sounds sensible to me. Although, for practical and budgetary reasons, I plan on having a fall/winter OneTrouser, a spring/summer OneTrouser, and a few key one-offs.

18. RSS

RSS Senior member

Sounds sensible to me. Although, for practical and budgetary reasons, I plan on having a fall/winter OneTrouser, a spring/summer OneTrouser, and a few key one-offs.
    Sounds as if you have made this approach work for you.

19. EBugatti

EBugatti Senior member

I still say the OneTrou for someone who mostly wears suits is a bit of a cop out. The OneSuit would be much more bold.

20. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

May I suggest 25 pairs of tweed?