• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OneTrouser

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot about the styling: 5-pocket, of course. And I want to switch to Loro Piana for extra points.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
i'm thinking gray worsted. Maybe a subtle windowpane

Windowpane trousers? I'm hurt.

Originally Posted by Redwoood
Worsted flannel, mid-grey.

You are partially right.

Originally Posted by Parker
Getting warmer.

Mmmm, maybe.

So close.
laugh.gif

Do you know something about the OneTrouser I don't?

Originally Posted by Axelman 17
Holland and Sherry has a nice mid to light grey 11/12oz whipcord that would serve this purpose well. I dont know the book but the number is HS954000.

Noted--or maybe noted already. Who knows?

Originally Posted by chevron
Worsted, mid-grey, glen plaid, obviously.

I provoked Nay not to get what I deemed office trousers, to Salvatore Ambrosi's mild chagrin. I could not do this to him after that, although I do owe Salvatore an order.

Originally Posted by NOBD
I forgot about the styling: 5-pocket, of course. And I want to switch to Loro Piana for extra points.

Scratch your +5 and give yourself a +12.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Scratch your +5 and give yourself a +12.

Wow. I was counting on / hoping for maybe 2 extra. You're generous.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Madame Paulette shrunk two pairs of my Ambrosi/Woodhouse pants so I need new odd trousers. Woodhouse and its whipcord are no more. So, I have a new OneTrouser planned. Five pairs. Same cloth, same color. That is all.

You should sue the cleaner for $54 million.
devil.gif

sellahi22

Reaction score
I don't understand the "one" shoe or "one" shirt, but the "one" trouser makes a lot of sense to me. Trousers are very much a background piece of an outfit, which no one notices, and which shouldn't really make a statement except for fitting perfectly. Furthermore, grey is by far the preferable color. Why not stick with a single shade that works with most if not all colors of shirt and jacket, which you can always reach for in the morning without thinking?

I'm planning on getting 4-5 pairs of mid grey pants made from P&B Universal for winter, and 4-5 pairs from some open weave cloth for summer. However, I'm a small timer so they will be from Dario Rodriguez, not Ambrosi.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Trousers are very much a background piece of an outfit, which no one notices, and which shouldn't really make a statement except for fitting perfectly.

2agqkp4.jpg

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Grey flannel, woolen (seems like the obvious choice). You'll have to get some tropical wool or 9 oz fresco in a slightly lighter shade for summer.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Madame Paulette shrunk two pairs of my Ambrosi/Woodhouse pants so I need new odd trousers. Woodhouse and its whipcord are no more. So, I have a new OneTrouser planned. Five pairs. Same cloth, same color. That is all.

How on earth did she manage that?

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Rubinacci has some of this cloth hoarded away....just for such a special occassion.

What weight was this whipcord cloth?

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't around for the OneShoe thingy, so I am thrilled to be around for this event. But I have to agree that having OneTrouser doesn't seem that ridiculous. Unless you like wearing loud trousers, trousers offer the best opportunity to maintain a consistent look without attracting either negative or positive sartorial feedback.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
i have more trousers in more colours than i do shirts.

Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
When you wear purple trousers, people notice.

Sorry guys, I was talking about trousers suitable for work and other conservative situations. I concede that for other lifestyles one may need to expand his trouser wardrobe to include purple pants, jean shorts, assless chaps, etc.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Trousers are very much a background piece of an outfit, which no one notices, and which shouldn't really make a statement except for fitting perfectly.

Can't the same, or should, be said of shirts and shoes?

Originally Posted by Baron
Grey flannel, woolen (seems like the obvious choice). You'll have to get some tropical wool or 9 oz fresco in a slightly lighter shade for summer.

The OneTrouser cannot be absolute. I'll need a summer and winter version.

Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
What weight was this whipcord cloth?

Less than 24oz., so no doubt of no interest to you.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
I wasn't around for the OneShoe thingy, so I am thrilled to be around for this event.

I'm thrilled, too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads