• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

rexor12

Reaction score
Take the sunglasses to an eyewear-store and they can fix it, if the frames are plastic they can melt them a bit to get a better fit, if it's metal they can be sent, but dont try it yourself though! They can add nosepads aswell, but it might be expensive

RyanAnderson

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Brooks Brothers Madison fit sport coats in terms of fit. I am a pretty slim guy (5'9" 145) and am worried there will be tons of extra fabric in the waist. I anyone has measurements on a 36R, that would be excellent.

dasai

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a tweed jacket from Bookster once the holiday season dies down—well, getting ready to order a test jacket in my approximate size so I can tell them what size tweaks need to be made for the actual garment. But I pay then, so I want to be ready. Thinking of this cloth, with this lining. It's terribly basic, but it's my first tweed jacket. I will probably also get a collar tab, since I like the idea of buttoning it up in foul weather. Anyway, my question: should I do a 2-button jacket with patch pockets, or a 3-button with hacking pockets (including extra ticket pocket)? I like the idea of the latter, but worry that it might make me look even shorter than I am (5'9"/174cm); on the other hand, I like the former, but think it might not look relaxed enough with those British padded shoulders and the very nipped waist.

Lokesh

Reaction score
Hey guys I need a pair of shoes quick and hopefully cheap that go with my suit, Black jacket single button, black pants, grey shirt thin red tie. Any suggestions? Hopefully for $50 or so if possible. Just something basic and standard that will work fine,

Archivist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyanAnderson
Can anyone comment on Brooks Brothers Madison fit sport coats in terms of fit. I am a pretty slim guy (5'9" 145) and am worried there will be tons of extra fabric in the waist. I anyone has measurements on a 36R, that would be excellent.

The Madison is a more relaxed fit with a smaller drop at the coatwaist. There will be extra at the waist, and likely under the arms. If you are looking for a trimmer fit, you might try the Fitzgerald or the Regent. They have anew one called the Milano, but I haven't' tried any of those. It is supposed to be much slimmer.

enigma77

Reaction score
I'm an SW&D poster but figured MC was the place to post this question:

I have a few Marcoliani over-the-calf socks in both pima and merino, and they've always pulled on the pants that I've worn them with. It's like the socks and pants are velcro together. Any ideas why? This only happens with my Marcoliani, never with Pantherella, Happy socks, nothing else.

Thanks!

runner-guy

Reaction score
Hey Fellas. A few months ago I purchased a Brooks Brothers 346 slim fit shirt though their outlet on ebay. I've only worn it a few times and I noticed the sleeves have shrunk considerably. I always wash on cold and dry low. What are my options? Doesn't BB have a satisfaction guarantee on all of their products?

Yanopuedecaminar

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking for some hoodies with an extra inch or so on the sleeve. I'm having a real hard time finding anything in a large tall size. I'm looking for a style of hoodie that's at ..........com
Some specific brands would be Alternative Apperal, Matix, or LRG. I went through all the brands and googled large tall with it and I can't find anything. Am I doomed to wear plane one color hoodies?

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wrong forum. Try streetwear and denim

payoffwizard

Reaction score
How do the Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit shirts compare to the Thomas Pink slim fits in terms of fit? I love the fit of the Thomas Pink shirts, but am looking to pick up a few CT if they are of similar quality.

Jay

Reaction score
I know BrooksEase is poor quality based on this forum and a quick search of other forums/blogs, but when I was in Brooks Brothers today, I saw BrooksEase 100% wool suit separates that looked much worse than my inexpensive polyester (gasp!) H&M suits. What kind of wool is it? How can it look, feel, and drape this terrible?

robert in LA

Reaction score
My experience is that the rise on Incotex generally is quite short. Fine for standing around at a reception but you don't want to wear them to sit through four hours of Lohengrin.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 8.5e in PA and 5th Ave, do you think a 8.5D in leeds might work? The leeds is on last 1

Thanks?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads