• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triumphman
need your opinions on which to pull the trigger on... both are corodovan color 8 / barrie last / commando sole cap toe (these are not well represented in this pic) indy I originally wanted the cap toe's as i prefer this styling, but the indy's look good too (moc toe styling is ok)
The Indy boot is on the Trubalance last. Consensus is that the shape of the Barrie last is more suitable for formal dress (although that may be offset by the commando sole in this case), while the Trubalance is more appropriate for casual dress. Choose accordingly. I would go with the cap toes, but that's because I have enough Trubalance boots. ***edit*** Are you sure those cap toes are on the Barrie? It is more commonly available in the Grant last, which those appear to be.

KPO89

Reaction score
If anybody is looking to unload some 10.5D let me know....

triumphman

Reaction score
peter parker, you're right...the indy's are a trubalance last.

but the captoes are a barrie...

such a hard decision... $650 dollar decision actually.

How do the shape of Barrie / trubalance compare?

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
peter parker, you're right...the indy's are a trubalance last.

but the captoes are a barrie...

such a hard decision... $650 dollar decision actually.

How do the shape of Barrie / trubalance compare?

And just to make it a bit more difficult, I swear that some of the Barrie lasted shoes vary slightly in sizing. My plain toe bluchers and ravello wing tip boots fit great in a 9.5D. The chukka and one other pair of boots I have are just a tad bit larger. Of course this is a non-scientfic comment but is based on what my foot feels.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Just accept that you will have to get them both eventually...

Out of the 2, I would get the indy first. If you really want a cap toe, I'd look for one in plaza or grant last. Its a dressier boot so you might as well get a nice looking last to go with it. Just my .02...

harrythedog

Reaction score
if i had been offered xpress shipping, i would have paid the xtra 15! absolutely beautiful! thanks, for the pics! now i will wait patiently...enjoy them!!

grabbed my chromexcel chukkas this morning. really excited about them.

rick

Reaction score
got in the madison semi brogue from the boys at LSH thanks tom and bryan, they are great i will try to post pics tonight.

triumphman

Reaction score
sigh...this is the hardest decision i've ever had to make...
smile.gif

but i would be wearing these more w/ jeans and khaki's...

spudnik99

Reaction score
Are any of the usual suspects (Leather Soul, The Shoe Mart, Leffot, Union Made, Epaulet et cetera) going to or have done a Natural Chromexcel Wingtip Boot?

HorseHide

Reaction score
sigh...this is the hardest decision i've ever had to make...
smile.gif

but i would be wearing these more w/ jeans and khaki's...

A couple of comments:

First, your life has been pretty ok to date if this is the hardest decision you've ever had to make!
laugh.gif

Second, not sure where you are buying the cap toes but the boots in the pics you posted are on the Grant last

Third, I'm on record saying I heartily dislike the Indy boot (and the Trubalance last) but the cap toes are dressier boots and may not go as well with jeans & khakis

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spudnik99
Are any of the usual suspects (Leather Soul, The Shoe Mart, Leffot, Union Made, Epaulet et cetera) going to or have done a Natural Chromexcel Wingtip Boot?

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...ists-revealed/
The Natural Wingtip Boot
Wingtip High Boot
Plaza Last
Horween Natural Chromexcel
All Blind Eyelets
Regular Welt, Close Heel
Antique Edgetrim
Single Oiled Leather Flex Sole
LS Comments: "We think natural chromexcel will work great with the Plaza wingtip boot. It will age beautifully and we like the single oiled flex sole, giving it a dressier silhouette."
Leather Soul has at least one pair on order
smile.gif
. Pre-order was over a month ago though...

triumphman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
A couple of comments:

Second, not sure where you are buying the cap toes but the boots in the pics you posted are on the Grant last

Third, I'm on record saying I heartily dislike the Indy boot (and the Trubalance last) but the cap toes are dressier boots and may not go as well with jeans & khakis

I do realize that the ones pictured are from the Grant last, but just an FYI - Unionmade is coming out w/ them on the Barrie last this week...

but, thanks to all for your opinions...think I have decided to go w/ the Indy's...I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads