1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eightdouble

eightdouble Senior Member

i got home a little late to have my CXL chukkas delivered by the postman today.

i have to go grab them from the post office tomorrow.

i'm like a kid on christmas eve right now.

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Distinguished Member

Heya'...my Context Tankers in #8 shell just caught up with me (shipping and travel issues) and as excited as I was to get them, think I'm going to be selling. They are new, no creases. One shoe was tried on for GF and a friend. Between the three of us, we all thought it made my foot look big. Beautiful boots but just not for me...damn.
    Anyway, will be listing on B&S for $600 firm if paypal gift and +4% if not.

They are size 9 D

3. phantomx48

phantomx48 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden for J Crew [​IMG]

Those where on my feet today. . .the suede is so soft and the crepe sole was perfect for my 10 hour day.

4. slide13

slide13 Distinguished Member

$145.

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the help!

5. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden for J Crew [​IMG]

On their website, this boot looks a bit "distressed"...especially from the side view....in your pic it doesn't appear to be so. Can you confirm?

Also, I don't know if you used a coupon or not, but can anyone tell me how it is possible to purchase Aldens from J.Crew using any discount code or coupon? It seems like people keep mentioning this possibility, but whenever they have a sale, they take the Aldens offline?

6. monologuist

monologuist Well-Known Member

oh...and I have been so taken by the crepe soles on my new LSBH Natty CXL Longwings that I most definitely want to add a pair of boots that have them.

Is anyone aware of any previous or upcoming boot make-ups that have crepe soles? I am only aware of this J.Crew, the Roy boot, and the LS Shell and Suede PT boots...

I dig the LS Navy Suede PT boots...Tom, are these coming down the pipeline any time? Any other crepe-soled boots at all coming soon? How about a gunmetal suede jumper boot with crepe sole?

7. king*stink

king*stink Active Member

I think Jcrew caught on to people getting discounts when coupons weren't supposed to work. Now they always pull their collabos off the site during a special sales. They told me that Alden sets the price and they can't offer them at a discounted rate. I think you will have to make a friend at Jcrew to get their employee discount.

8. eightdouble

Also, I don't know if you used a coupon or not, but can anyone tell me how it is possible to purchase Aldens from J.Crew using any discount code or coupon? It seems like people keep mentioning this possibility, but whenever they have a sale, they take the Aldens offline?

sometimes their catalogs ship with a 20% coupon inside, which (i believe) states on it that you cannot use it on alden and other brands, but it works on them anyway.

so if you get a 20% coupon then you can get that discount.

9. eightdouble

also, tom if you read this:

any plans on a restock/pre-order of the cordovan ranger shoe in 2011?

10. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

Tom, I ask again:

Why don't you make any of the cool special models in an E width?

Is it even possible to special order them?

11. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Distinguished Member

Tom, I ask again:

Is it even possible to special order them?

Sorry I didn't see your post. Here's the truth. It's because from a business standpoint it makes sense to only order Ds. I know it's frustrating. I take an E or EE and sometimes I open a box of new shoes and I'm like, "DAMN, why didn't I order an E for myself?!?!" If you contact us and the timing is right we'd be happy to add your size to our order. As we grow though it gets harder and harder to accommodate. I wish I could order every size for every person but it's impossible. We've been trying to have preorders...we're up to #20 so far. We haven't had one in a couple months because the backlog at the factory is immense and we're just too busy in store to organize a preorder. It's also very difficult for us because not everyone is happy with a 6-12 month wait. Some people expect special ordered shoes in 2-4 months but that is impossible for us. All I can say is check back to the website, we'll try to have one every month or two from January going forward, or shoot me an email from time to time to see what I'm ordering next.

12. colins

colins Senior Member

far far far better than the indys
    +1

Does/has any vendor make/made boots that are styled the same as Context's Roy, but in a chromexcel color other than oxblood?

13. mechanical pencil

mechanical pencil Senior Member

Sorry I didn't see your post. Here's the truth. It's because from a business standpoint it makes sense to only order Ds. I know it's frustrating. I take an E or EE and sometimes I open a box of new shoes and I'm like, "DAMN, why didn't I order an E for myself?!?!" If you contact us and the timing is right we'd be happy to add your size to our order. As we grow though it gets harder and harder to accommodate. I wish I could order every size for every person but it's impossible. We've been trying to have preorders...we're up to #20 so far. We haven't had one in a couple months because the backlog at the factory is immense and we're just too busy in store to organize a preorder. It's also very difficult for us because not everyone is happy with a 6-12 month wait. Some people expect special ordered shoes in 2-4 months but that is impossible for us. All I can say is check back to the website, we'll try to have one every month or two from January going forward, or shoot me an email from time to time to see what I'm ordering next.

I feared this might be the response. Its a bummer because even the standard Aldens E width sized offerings are so limited.

I'm almost tempted to just cram my feet into those beautiful Jcrew snuff suede/crepe soles pictured above...

14. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Distinguished Member

Alden DC has some cigar captoe boots on the Grant last with the commando sole. Beautiful boots.

Mick - What are your thoughts on the Alden DC store? Going by there tomorrow afternoon.

15. Vinneus

Vinneus Senior Member

I also own those JCrew snuff plain toes.... not distressed in anyway, pair on the site may be slightly worn. and i was able to use a coupon, i got a special JCrew card 30% anything and got em for $315!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.