• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I live the lifestyle I dress. That may apply to less than 5% of the forum members here, but we do exist.
lol

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I wonder what "lifestyle" my clothing implies (other than disco dancing). (edit: or homosexuality)
Haha, full discolsure, I was wondering the same thing about people like you, specifically (n/h and no hate).

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
and p.s. I will rock a pair of RC's to a ******* job interview in a skyscraper. And get the job. And look better doing it than 95% of assholes wearing their slim fit chinos.
You can get a job wearing that to an interview, the job is in an office building, and the people you're competing with are wearing chinos to their interviews. So that leaves us with... mail room? Sandwich cart guy? Courier? Trying to pin this down.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just because you've been wearing something forever doesn't mean it isn't a trend now. However, your writing pretty much confirmed that you're flipping out just because you personally like those items and someone else doesn't.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Though the lifestyle of rocking velour sweatsuits and then going yachting later in Sperry's is lol worthy.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just because you've been wearing something forever doesn't mean it isn't a trend now. However, your writing pretty much confirmed that you're flipping out just because you personally like those items and someone else doesn't.
Was going to type out a response, doesn't warrant the effort. Suffice to say, your satirical generalizations of forum thought were marsupialed and you're coming off as a butthurt noob who got called out over a terrible WAYWT

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Though the lifestyle of rocking velour sweatsuits and then going yachting later in Sperry's is lol worthy.

W*gga t pain

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
You can get a job wearing that to an interview, the job is in an office building, and the people you're competing with are wearing chinos to their interviews. So that leaves us with... mail room? Sandwich cart guy? Courier? Trying to pin this down.

No, I was just trying to say I can wear a pair of oatmeal/khaki colored sweats that fit well and make myself look presentable -- more so than people might believe, traditionally. The job interview in a sky-scraper was for posting effect and was not to be taken literally - so don't look deep into it.

I actually tried a real reply to your question but it gave me a headache and I just wrote the above^

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, full discolsure, I was wondering the same thing about people like you, specifically (n/h and no hate).
i have no idea what the **** 'live the lifestyle i dress' means.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Was going to type out a response, doesn't warrant the effort. Suffice to say, your satirical generalizations of forum thought were marsupialed and you're coming off as a butthurt noob who got called out over a terrible WAYWT
butt hurt newb
(jet already called me butt hurt. it's a common forum term but i shouldnt be called butt hurt twice within 24 hours or I will assume you're jacking jet's insults) - But check, I am a confirmed, certified butt-hurt noob. Happens to the best of us Was going to type out a response, doesn't warrant the effort - Check, agreed. butthurt noob who got called out over a terrible WAYWT - Cannot check this. Link please to such claim. Here is a link to all of my SF postings for your convenience. Suffice to say, your satirical generalizations of forum thought were marsupialed - I had to skip over this pretentious jargon.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear clarks because i wore them while shooting Nazis while serving in the England's army in Egypt. **** all y'all trendwhores.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-sweatpants
Omg. sweatpants. Gasp. Despise. Who on earth would wear, and more importantly, why? Despise, despise, despise.
-boat shoes Like seriously. Do they still even make boats?
-loafers Ya. Lol @ loafers. I feel bad for some 9-5 schmuck who wears those POS's.
-polos
-hiking/work boots YES. This is a big one for me. I DESPISE hiking boots too. Like really, yeah, you're going to go "hiking" somewhere. Haha. Ridiculous.
-clarks This truly takes the cake imo. Clarks? DBs? How ******* pedestrian. Stupid ******* broke college kids with no money to buy $300+ white high tops.
Get the **** over yourselves.

even ghetto kids in my highschool could afford better shoes than clarks...

Also, sadly the norm on colleges is running shoes

Fair enough, and you make perfect sense. It was his opinion and I unfairly used it to apply to a segment of the board. You should school uncontrol on the fact that sometimes logic is a more powerful tool than brief, vague, attempts at wit.

But I remain with the opinion that the posterboy who stated he "despises" all of those items or "trends" as some call them is absurd and laughable.

I despise
devil.gif

For the record I don't think he meant "everyone who wears these items has despicable style"; more likely he meant "I despise these items in relation to my own personal style," and I think this is clear on the context, but you're reading a lot into the word "despise" so maybe it was miscommunicated to you. I would never wear any of those items either; in fact, my "never wear" list is much more comprehensive.

No, you're giving me too much credit. I despise
devil.gif

sweats can actually look good, though

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live the lifestyle I dress.

789504d0.jpg

You MF'ers doubt me??! You see that stance? You see that camp fire ragin'? Cargo shorts with over 12 pockets? You see that fuckin AXE? Cuz that fire sure as **** didn't feed itself..

lumber-jock... stylin' on yall..

smh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads