Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

keepin it gully, man..

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

yooooooooooo, good shit son

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Hate what clarks desert boots have come to represent.

They were a good, comfortable, mil-spec-derived shoe. A common shoe for mods. And they're not even cheap. Now they're the default for people moving beyond running shoes and the guy who bombed the forum this morning. Ugh.

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

It's like the holidays bring out all the fucking retards.

5. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

-sweatpants
    Omg. sweatpants. Gasp. Despise. Who on earth would wear, and more importantly, why? Despise, despise, despise.
    -boat shoes Like seriously. Do they still even make boats?
    -loafers Ya. Lol @ loafers. I feel bad for some 9-5 schmuck who wears those POS's.
    -polos
    -hiking/work boots YES. This is a big one for me. I DESPISE hiking boots too. Like really, yeah, you're going to go "hiking" somewhere. Haha. Ridiculous.
    -clarks This truly takes the cake imo. Clarks? DBs? How fucking pedestrian. Stupid fucking broke college kids with no money to buy $300+ white high tops.
    Get the fuck over yourselves.

If you've seen a Fuuma fit you would understand why he didn't like these things. FWIW a lot of people dislike some of these things because they've become supersaturated in the "anti-fashion-but-really-fashion" climate. Clarks are pretty bad and pedestrian, you don't even need CPs to do better than that you just need some Vans or something.

To blanket statement that you "despise" a grouping of items that are relatively wide ranged and not correlated (e.g. sweat pants and loafers), while following suit of opinion of several before you, is funny, to me. For various reasons. That I could go on to explain, but am trying to refrain from typing paragraphs on the internet.

Fuuma is not one of those slack-jawed forumthink followers. I am, you could say that about me, but he kind of does his own thing.

Suffice to say, your satirical generalizations of forum thought were retarded - I had to skip over this pretentious jargon.

Fuck you for dismissing totally straightforward language as "pretentious" because it has several syllables. "Suffice to say" is kind of obnoxious, but "satirical" and "generalizations" are both the right word to use, although I would probably say "parodic" instead of "satirical".

It sucks that the forum (and most communities, in general) are wary and dismissive of new members, especially ones who come on strong with the iconoclasty (iconoclasm? someone help me out here. this is "pretentious jargon" btw), but honestly if you rein it in a little and don't entirely dismiss things you don't understand I think you'd be fine.

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Desert boots: Do you think they're more the Uggs or Crocs of the forum?

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

man bruhs was all chillin till you came over and brought your fancy language into this.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Curious to know if he bought quoddys before coming onto this site and reading about them.

and lol @ desert boots, they're like the training wheels of the boot world

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Didn't you see he was drinking Bud Light? You need to tone down the lexicon with a guy who can only count in multiples of 6 and 40.

10. Lane

Lane Senior member

and lol @ desert boots, they're like the training wheels of the boot world

llolollolololllolololl

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Makeshift, you give slack tide too much credit.

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

s Slack Tide Kent's ever-so-slightly more intelligent brother?

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

It's like the holidays bring out all the fucking retards.

Hi, I haven't seen you around.

Fuuma is not one of those slack-jawed forumthink followers. I am, you could say that about me, but he kind of does his own thing.

FTR, I was not referring to Fuuma. I respect his opinion a lot and he has a lot of interesting and valid things to say. I learned this when reading his postings as the ROY jeans thread was developing and he justly defended the SE proprietor with well thought out ideas and thorough command of English diction. I will always stop to read his posts. My comment was directed towards another member who in my opinion blindly co-signed the disliking of every item on the list, as if it were a game of follow the leader.

Fuck you for dismissing totally straightforward language as "pretentious" because it has several syllables. "Suffice to say" is kind of obnoxious, but "satirical" and "generalizations" are both the right word to use, although I would probably say "parodic" instead of "satirical".

To me this was forum jargon. I may not have gone to some fancy pants institute of higher learning, or any education for that matter - but I know if I read something twice and it still leaves me shaking my god damn head in bewilderment, then it's null and void.

but thank you, makeshift_robot, for your earnest reply. It's a refreshing change of pace. As quite frankly I was on the verge of shitting blood after handling this mornings crisis. I haven't managed to do an ounce of work in the wake of all of this internet posting.

It sucks that the forum (and most communities, in general) are wary and dismissive of new members, especially ones who come on strong with the iconoclasty (iconoclasm? someone help me out here. this is "pretentious jargon" btw), but honestly if you rein it in a little and don't entirely dismiss things you don't understand I think you'd be fine.

The nature of the beast i.e. forum. No one likes a noob challenging status quo environments are being particularly assertive. It threatens the established ranks that members have posted vast amounts of snarky replies to attain.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

K shut the fuck up now already, are you a noob just to SF or to the internet in general? Christ.

15. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

open a fucking dictionary then

also lol at "fancy pants institute of higher learning"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.