• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
What Merry Edwards would you most often recommend, Pio?

The one with the prettiest label.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Freakonomics on Wine

Seriously though, I think the RRV blend is a decent value and easily drinkable wine. I enjoy the Coppersmith SVD though.

Originally Posted by PandArts
I really enjoyed the 07's of both the Sonoma Coast and Flax...sounds like they're a little richer and deeper than the 06s

They are. I've had an 07 RRV and much fuller, more fruit and more complexity.

Originally Posted by constant struggle
I am yet to try a pinot noir, and want to shortly... is oregon really the best place to try a bottle from? Any suggestions on something easily findable for under $20?

Thanks

I don't think anyone could say Oregon is the "best place" to try, I think most folks would have to give Burgundy the nod for that. However, Oregon is a good place to find very good Pinot. For that price range, I would try a Penner-Ash or Caldwell Hills. You should be able to get them for under $30, depending on the bottling. I don't think you're going to find a Left Coast Pinot for under $20 that would be a good representation of what they have to offer.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just arrived:

2 x O7 Lewelling Cab
2 x 07 Lewelling Cab Wight

Paid for them nearly 18 months ago and forgot about all about them until I got an email for the 08 vintage. I did not move fast enough and they sold out before I could log on and claim my allocation
frown.gif
These are the two wines I spoke of the RP score that had all Petrus break out.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the second part of my Shafer shipment today. The 3 '06 Hillside's came a couple of weeks ago.

Today I got 6 x '08 Red Shoulder Ranch Chard and 6 x '07 Relentless.

Other than some Garagiste shipments that will come who-knows-when, this is it for me this year.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Got the second part of my Shafer shipment today. The 3 '06 Hillside's came a couple of weeks ago.

Today I got 6 x '08 Red Shoulder Ranch Chard and 6 x '07 Relentless.

worship.gif

Question: corkage is available in Vegas?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
worship.gif

Question: corkage is available in Vegas?

Not sure. Was thinking though that we should all bring a bottle or two from the collection to taste. You know...the good stuff.

I could bring a bottle of the '04 Hillside. Manton's not coming so there'll be no one there to scold us for vinfanticide.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
Not sure. Was thinking though that we should all bring a bottle or two from the collection to taste. You know...the good stuff. I could bring a bottle of the '04 Hillside. Manton's not coming so there'll be no one there to scold us for vinfanticide.
laugh.gif
I'm ambivalent on the idea actually. Vegas has so many places with such excellent wine. However, certainly would be more thrifty to bring a bottle or two each. Since we would have several people, one of my bottles would be a mature vintage port. Edit: WTF is up with the blurry pics lately? Think I need to check the settings. Tomorrow. Maybe.
IMG_1168.jpg

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a text from a friend of mine in Boston: got 2 bottles of Romanee-Conti 2005, $1900 each.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Just got a text from a friend of mine in Boston: got 2 bottles of Romanee-Conti 2005, $1900 each.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

worship.gif

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much consternation about Oz Shiraz', much of it warranted. To much heat, alcohol or fruit bombs. Not this beauty. Expensive at $50, and worth the dough. Smooth and sophisticated with glorious flavour and everything in balance. Worthy of your $$$. Much needed after a seriously ****** day. It appeased my wrath.
deadarm.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
05 Martin Ray RRV Chard. Nice, particularly at $16.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight was Vigne Regali's 2007 Albarossa. At first I was kind of skeptical about a cross breed between Barbera and Nebbiolo but both the structure of the Nebbiolo and the aroma from the Barbera really showed and paired nicely with my steak, sunchokes, and sweet potatoes. Overall, I'm a happy little robot.

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Much consternation about Oz Shiraz', much of it warranted. To much heat, alcohol or fruit bombs. Not this beauty. Expensive at $50, and worth the dough. Smooth and sophisticated with glorious flavour and everything in balance. Worthy of your $$$. Much needed after a seriously ****** day. It appeased my wrath.
a couple of vintages have been murky messes but I have mostly loved this wine and think it well priced...you won't hear my say that about too many new world $50 wines.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
vinous, you have to give us some more recs like that Rutherford Cab.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads