• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slim dior-esque blazer...

scubiduu

Reaction score
im a fairly skinny guy (underweight...) and im looking for a slimfitting blazer just like the one in the pic! i tried on dozens of blazers of wich most didnt fit and the ones that did were meant to be a bit loser generally and felt very unsatisfying. and i wanted to avoid buying a too baggy blazer just to get it to the tailor...
the problem here is that a slimane original would be too expensive for me. so i was hoping someone could recommend me brands (that i may have overlooked) that carry a similar cut.
thanks.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Zara does nice slim-fit stuff at a low price point. Also, an alterations tailor can do wonders with an OTR jacket towards making it more slim fitting, if you find one that fits OK and just needs tweaking.

Icarus

Reaction score
Hate the aesthetic. I like the look of db suits on slim men. It doesn't give off the vibe "trendy douche". Or does it.

scubiduu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v0rtex
Zara does nice slim-fit stuff at a low price point. Also, an alterations tailor can do wonders with an OTR jacket towards making it more slim fitting, if you find one that fits OK and just needs tweaking.

thanks! i totally forgot to check zara. but i have two new (kinda dumb) question now:
1. what does OTR mean? 2. would you recommend a specific fabric (of the jacket) for a lanky guy?

scubiduu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarus
Hate the aesthetic. I like the look of db suits on slim men. It doesn't give off the vibe "trendy douche". Or does it.

dont worry...i wont get the hilter youth cut...

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scubiduu
thanks! i totally forgot to check zara. but i have two new (kinda dumb) question now:
1. what does OTR mean? 2. would you recommend a specific fabric (of the jacket) for a lanky guy?

OTR = Off the rack.

I don't think fabric will make much difference as far as affecting the appearance of your lankiness. Choose what you like.

EZ

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads