• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do any of you believe in God?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You're kidding, right?

how do people know about jesus christ and the myths around him if not through organized religion? or is tere some secret tradition about him that is not base upon the new testament? The new teastment was chopped up and put together by organized religion approving which text shoudl be part of it etc. so it is hard to get organized religion ot of the picture when refering to jesus christ.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You don't think an individual can have a personal relationship and/or belief in God merely by reading the Bible and prayer? I guess I am being naive in thinking the Bible can be disconnected from "organized religion".
confused.gif

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't think an individual can have a personal relationship and/or belief in God merely by reading the Bible and prayer? I guess I am being naive in thinking the Bible can be disconnected from "organized religion".
confused.gif

not really, knowing that editing of the bible was done by organized religion. and since you know jesus christ through the new testament and that view has the tags of organized reliion on it. That supposed perosnal relationship is being guided in someway by organized religion as you use the view created by one.
can you explain how the personal realtionsip you describe is possible whiel using the bible as a guide?

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
He's a good guy.

read john he could be prick as well.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
jon. is Jewish, no?

i doubt that jon is jewish, because if he is jewish i am catholic.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
how do people know about jesus christ and the myths around him if not through organized religion? or is tere some secret tradition about him that is not base upon the new testament? The new teastment was chopped up and put together by organized religion approving which text shoudl be part of it etc. so it is hard to get organized religion ot of the picture when refering to jesus christ.

Revelation.

confused.gif

To some degree you are but I still think you are basically right. You can also bring Gnosticism and the various Christian mystery cults and other forms of direct devotion into the mix.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
One could argue that seeing as religion and some idea of "God" has arisen in every social group, society, tribe, or band suggests that it is, in fact, intuitive.

That's a terrible argument.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gfreeman
That's a terrible argument.

Not really. Notice I said "religion" not "the Organized Catholic Church." When the same thing independently happens across every single culture that has ever arisen on Earth it is a pretty strong suggestion that it speaks to some basic, intuitive, human need, or , perhaps, if you are a believer, to some basic Universal Truth.

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I believe in God. I am a Christian. God sent his son to die on the cross for me, to take my punishment that I deserved, and through faith and trust in Christ, I have eternal life. Without Christ, you will be eternally separated from God in Hell.

We all have sinned, made mistakes, but if we confess them to God and ask Him to forgive us, believe and trust in his Son, Jesus Christ, you will be saved.

Read it in the Bible for yourself:

Romans 3:23
Romans 6:23
Romans 5:8
Romans 10:8-9

There is no other way in which a person can be saved, turn from your sins and believe the Gospel.
Amen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads